Verizon HTC One m7 4.4.2 , sense 6 update caused *root failure* on weaksauce

pandagiraffe

Jun 3, 2013
Visit site
Hey everyone, I have a Verizon HTC one m7 running 4.4.2 and just recently, HTC sense 6. When I had sense 5.5 I had my phone rooted and was enjoying messing around with the hidden side of android. I used weaksauce to root and used superSU. It all worked first try before but now that my phone updated to sense 6 I get root failure in weaksauce. I've tried to uninstall both weaksauce and supersu and reinstall both and all different combinations of things to get root back on my phone but nothing is working. I'm guessing the update caused this since it was all good before so if anyone could let me know anything at all about this or possibly how to fix this or if they also have this problem or if there is an alternate way to root my phone and enjoy root access and all that it encompasses, please let me know here. Thank you for your time and help ( I hope )
-Travis

Posted via Android Central App

sanjeeva7

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I knew I shouldn't have ran the update. Even though I froze many of the crapware my phone was still laggy. I updated hoping that would fix things and now weaksuace does not work. So no, you are not alone.

pandagiraffe

Jun 3, 2013
Visit site
Personally I like sense 6 ALOT more than 5.5, the only thing I'm missing is root access. So I guess it's time to play the waiting game until weaksauce (or another root program) is applicable to sense 6, I am going to be SO in love with my phone once i have root access once again.

Posted via Android Central App

Dudley47

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
Hopefully m7 is still on the front burner... I actually had my phone s-off and rooted, but it bugged out and I had to turn it in to Verizon for a replacement (a newly updated m7 phone) . Its been a struggle to keep root - weak sauce was a good fix while it lasted. I must have selected the update by accident because I woke up with Sense 6 and no root. Once again Verizon wins... Anyone that finds a new exploit or patch for weak sauce to I will gladly contribute....Being rootless is like having your hands tied behind your back.

pandagiraffe

Jun 3, 2013
Visit site
Hopefully m7 is still on the front burner... I actually had my phone s-off and rooted, but it bugged out and I had to turn it in to Verizon for a replacement (a newly updated m7 phone) . Its been a struggle to keep root - weak sauce was a good fix while it lasted. I must have selected the update by accident because I woke up with Sense 6 and no root. Once again Verizon wins... Anyone that finds a new exploit or patch for weak sauce to I will gladly contribute....Being rootless is like having your hands tied behind your back.

That's a good way to put it hahahaha, Verizon is currently holding us hostage and we are waiting for an exploit to come and untie the ropes

HTC m7

pandagiraffe

Jun 3, 2013
Visit site
Only this lol it just says we are all " outta luck" until an update is made

HTC m7

Attachments

• 23831.jpg
    23831.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 34
Last edited by a moderator:

delta718

Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
finally a solution to this problem!!
sunshine the root ninja google sunshine root for link has come up with rev 2.0 which will s-off and unlock your bootloader then you can use the procedures from htconeroot.com for Verizon m7 root to install recovery then install superuser I found cwm recovery works better for me than twrp but everything is working great now!! sunshine is not free costs $25 but for me was well worth it
now have everything I want.
good luck
delta718:)

jeffcalloway

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
I just bought a Verizon M7 off ebay. Looks like the owner updated it to 4.4.2 and Sense 6 with HBOOT 1.57.

Tried Weaksauce for root - doesn't work.
Tried Towelroot for root - says it gives me root, but when I run root checker says no root.
After running Towelroot, run Sunshine. It tells me I need to run TempRoot which I do and it goes through the process and says: "SU access denied - SunShine was unable to gain root with SU, please ensure su is functioning properly and try again."

I am pretty sure I can't use HTCDEV to unlock boot loader and it seems like firewater will not work with the versions on my M7 to gain S-OFF.

I am wanting to update the M7 to a GPE ROM

I am out of luck or is there a backdoor?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez