HTC One Charging Problem, battery gets charged very little in switched off condition only

Jun 4, 2014
Visit site
I have experienced an unusual problem on my HTC One. My device does not get charged at all on switched on condition even if I change cables or any other charging adaptors. It does not show anything even if I connect to the computer via USB cable. But when I switch off the device and plug into the ac power, first it shows bright red led indicator and sign of the battery for 9-10 seconds, then the brightness of led indicator decreases and at the same time it shows battery charging with battery percentage for 6-7 seconds then led indicator and sign of battery goes off completely. Again after 4 seconds same process happens. It took about 8 hours to charge the battery from 20%-100% on Switched off condition. I did factory reset, battery calibration (I connected charger for 10-15 mins in switched off condition, then I pressed and hold power button, volume up and volume down button for 2-3 mins which repeatedly restarted the handset) as well but the problem is same. What could be the fault of?
Any help in this matter?

jrb363

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Sounds like you have either a faulty battery or a bad power connector in the phone. I'd contact HTC to see if it's under warranty. Maybe they'll replace it for you.

ardidito

May 17, 2014
Visit site
I just got used to the poor charging ability and fast discharge of the One. So bad, I don't think it should have ever been so popular. And it gets HOT. Even idle mine is never below 95F and batteries should be in that range for max op. (125 I try to stay under).

I talked to many people about it and VZW reps - I basically got 'get some spare chargers'. Sometimes I have it plugged in and it's still declining in power, even though I'm not multitasking hard or anything, display is low, etc.

/end rant

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
ardidito - You either have a defective device or you have an app running all the time keeping it hot or its constantly searching for signal.
my TMO HTC One M8 in idle mode hovers around 80 degrees F. When charging and using it i have seen it get to 105 maybe and that is to be expected.
My One has great charging abilities and does not have fast discharge as you describe.