HTC Advantage: Fix or Replace?

yupol

Oct 26, 2014
Visit site
Hey guys, a few months ago I dropped my HTC One M8 from a relatively high distance and something happened. My screen got this black blotche around one on the corners of the screen. So, my main question is that should I try to get it fixed over a span of 6 business days, or replaced within 4 days? I am also asking if anyone knows if these dead pixels are fixable with a screen replacement, and if it would be better of getting a new One M8, than the same One M8 fixed (if possible)? I'm just unsure if there are any broken core components, and it's not the screen itself.

-Thanks , yupol

PS: I am not "unsure" about making this decision do to the amount of days it takes HTC to fix or replace, but the phone itself.

Posted via the Android Central App

TarekElsakka

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
To answer your main question, I believe you should go for a replacement device if you have that option. And regarding your second question, yes, the dead pixels will of course disappear when they replace the screen.

Dropping your device is never a good idea, and of course one or more of the internal components could have been misplaced in the process, and sometimes it takes a week or even a month for the effect to start showing, which is why I'd go for a replacement if you have that option.

Good luck

yupol

Oct 26, 2014
Visit site
Hey man, I wanted to say thanks for all the help and support here about my HTC one m8. I finally traded it in, and got a new! Thanks a ton! 😁

Posted via the Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress