Verizon HTC One M8 Lollipop Update Thread

staticK78

Sep 9, 2012
Visit site
I did a wipe/reset as soon as install was completed. I have had absolutely no issues at all after day one and as a matter of fact, it's snappy quick...more so then before. I'm in love with lollipop!!

Posted via the Android Central App

AdamHunterATC

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
tapping my lock screen and having to swipe away the "connected to XXX wifi" notification a million times while at work is going to get pretty old though.

Yeah that is annoying. If they insist on having that notification there, it should be in the persisent section of notifications (with Google Now updates), which doesn't appear on the lock screen.

anon(596177)

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
I did a wipe/reset as soon as install was completed. I have had absolutely no issues at all after day one and as a matter of fact, it's snappy quick...more so then before. I'm in love with lollipop!!

Yeah, aside from the WiFi connection woes at work (which is more of an annoyance than crippling) its been good for me too. A whole lot better than the ROM I played with two months ago. HTC did good things with their iteration of sense lollipop.

anon(596177)

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Yeah that is annoying. If they insist on having that notification there, it should be in the persisent section of notifications (with Google Now updates), which doesn't appear on the lock screen.
I'm not so sure its a google thing. I think that's a sense thing, which is why its not in the google now cards. When I ran GPE lollipop I had the same WiFi issues and never got that notification.

jdtruong

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
So far I am on the first full charge after the update and the battery is worse than normal. Unplugged at about 6:30am and it is now 10:30am and I'm already down to 79%. This is with moderate use on wifi only. I'll give it a few days, hopefully it will get better. I did not do a full factory reset but did wipe the cache after the update.

sitlet

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Having quite an issue with my Twitter apps. I updated yesterday evening, and am finally getting around to playing with it. Everything seems to be working fine and smooth. But both of my Twitter apps refuse to update my feed. I use the Twitter app (mainly just for notifications) and Plume (mainly for viewing my feed). Done a restart a few times, reinstalled the apps, but they still won't update. Notifications are coming through though...

AdamHunterATC

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
I'm not so sure its a google thing. I think that's a sense thing, which is why its not in the google now cards. When I ran GPE lollipop I had the same WiFi issues and never got that notification.

Actually, I think it may be a Verizon thing. They have a history of putting annoying persistent WiFi notifications in their Android phones.

anon(596177)

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Having quite an issue with my Twitter apps. I updated yesterday evening, and am finally getting around to playing with it. Everything seems to be working fine and smooth. But both of my Twitter apps refuse to update my feed. I use the Twitter app (mainly just for notifications) and Plume (mainly for viewing my feed). Done a restart a few times, reinstalled the apps, but they still won't update. Notifications are coming through though...
I don't use twitter much, but I don't seem to be having syncing issues with my app. The stock twitter app.

Edit: sorry I apparently can't read.

anon(596177)

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
So far I am on the first full charge after the update and the battery is worse than normal. Unplugged at about 6:30am and it is now 10:30am and I'm already down to 79%. This is with moderate use on wifi only. I'll give it a few days, hopefully it will get better. I did not do a full factory reset but did wipe the cache after the update.
I am also on my first full charge. 3 and a half hours and I am at 76% however I have been using the phone fairly moderately with Tapatalk and streaming music to a Bluetooth for at least an hour. Seems to be no better bit no worse either than KitKat for me

sitlet

May 16, 2010
Visit site

Well I figured it out. Apparently my twitter app logged me out and was trying to log me in with my gmail account tied to the phone, which is not the email I used to sign up with twitter. All is good now. Well, except for that annoying wifi connected notification.

anon(596177)

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Well I figured it out. Apparently my twitter app logged me out and was trying to log me in with my gmail account tied to the phone, which is not the email I used to sign up with twitter. All is good now. Well, except for that annoying wifi connected notification.
And sadly I don't think there's a way to fix that. Good, so far it seems like no crippling issues.

electriclarryland

May 1, 2011
Visit site
I updated last night and haven't had any issues other than my FoxFi hotspot won't connect any more. I have tried all the usual workarounds but have had no success. Has anyone been able to get their hotspot going through FoxFi, or will I have to wait for the app to update?

AdamHunterATC

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
Some observations:

• Smart Lock is awesome! I love not having to put in my PIN when the phone is connected to my Pebble Steel.
  • Because this is still Sense 6, there is a pretty clear disconnect between the design of the Sense stuff (which was clearly designed with KitKat in mind) and the OS itself. This will be remedied with Sense 7 though.
  • The grid-style multitasking does something wonky with the status bar in non-HTC apps. Try it. Go to the grid, wait for the status bar to disappear, then go to a non-HTC app like Chrome. The screen has to readjust for the status bar. Very annoying. I prefer the grid, but that annoys me to the point of using the cards instead. And the cards are sometimes a bit slow to launch. (This also looks like it'll be remedied with Sense 7.)
  • Since Sense 5, HTC has never been big on fancy animations. But they still threw in some nice, subtle animations here and there that makes the experience seem a little more lively.

Blaise Richelieu

Mar 6, 2015
Visit site
That sucks. Try doing a system cache wipe first and if that doesn't work, you may need to do a factory reset. Make sure you back up your photos and what not.

I feel i need to factory reset because this is happening to me too and the Cache wipe didnt work but how can i back up my images and stuff when i cant access any of my information on my phone? Please help!

unhakt_stanage

Mar 6, 2015
Visit site
Watch out with those new notifications on the homescreen. I am not used to having my Hangouts messages show up on the front screen. I had a buddy of mine send an extremely vulgar message to my phone and sure enough, it showed up on the lock screen. I miss my old iPhone 4 notifications, so I do not plan to turn them off, but I will have to pay attention when I am in court.

FYI if weren't already aware - you can change to 'Hide sensitive notification content' mode under Settings -> Sound & Notification, but it is global so all apps will have hidden content.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38