Wifi turning itself *off*

vividrich

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Anyone seen this bug? I've read about the wifi turning itself on, but the last couple days mine has begun turning itself off. It just started doing it so I'm still looking for a pattern, but so far it seems to only do it when the screen is off, not while the phone is actively being used.

OperationA7X

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
Anyone seen this bug? I've read about the wifi turning itself on, but the last couple days mine has begun turning itself off. It just started doing it so I'm still looking for a pattern, but so far it seems to only do it when the screen is off, not while the phone is actively being used.

Do you have power saver enabled?
What about this? Do you have the Wi-Fi performance unchecked? uploadfromtaptalk1363897937585.jpg
Another cause that I figured out was Snapdragon Battery Guru, so I uninstalled it.

Sent from my HTC Vivid WCX using Android Central Forums

vividrich

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
I can't find power saver lol.

Best performance was not selected... it is now.

I had the Qualcomm app installed for a little but it's been gone at least a month now. I'll see if best performance makes a difference...

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Android Central Forums

OperationA7X

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
I can't find power saver lol.

Best performance was not selected... it is now.

I had the Qualcomm app installed for a little but it's been gone at least a month now. I'll see if best performance makes a difference...

I thought you were modded, here's what I'm talking about. Dizzy...

uploadfromtaptalk1363923024172.jpg

Sent from my HTC Vivid WCX using Android Central Forums

vividrich

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Aah ok, no don't have that option. It switched off overnight again.

vividrich

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
I did. And now for the last two days the Wi-Fi has remained on... Odd, but I'll take it. Trying to remember if I even have rebooted the device.

OperationA7X

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
I did. And now for the last two days the Wi-Fi has remained on... Odd, but I'll take it. Trying to remember if I even have rebooted the device.

It's usually nice to refresh the RAM at least once a day or when you have down time.

And congrats on a steady WiFi signal!

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Android Central Forums

texassfm

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site
This is my first time on this forum but I am having the EXACT same issue. What I'm experiencing is simply this- the WiFi is randomly and spontaneously turning itself OFF. It's as if you pulled down the status bar (or went in to Settings) and physically turned OFF the virtual ON/OFF button slider. It connects just fine when it's ON but for some reason it randomly turns OFF. Just started this nonsense. Two weeks old. Frustrated. My work recently bought about 500 of these Galaxy S3's and neither our tech dept nor anyone else I've spoken to has heard of this. And so far our techies can't figure it out. All pertinent settings have been checked (including the "keep wifi on during sleep") but no luck. And I didn't change any settings or download any apps when this started.... HAVE I MISSED A FIX FOR THIS ON THIS FORUM? Did the software update fix yours permanently? Mine is up to date..

OperationA7X

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
The most recent "software update" over 6 months ago was a patch for HTC having backdoor access to your device. However, rumor has it that the update also included the network optimizer or whatever it's called for this phone, where, depending on the signal of your mobile data connection and your wifi connection, it would turn one off and use the other.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress