Questions about the Huawei P20 pro

Lucy Davies

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
Thinking of getting this phone real soon seems the reviews for the U12+ haven't been good about it's battery etc. Here are my questions

1) On one review someone said that the vibration wasn't great on the P20 pro & it wasn't as strong as other flagships so how is the vibrations?

2) Heard that the phone will give you more notifications the more you use certain apps. Is this true & if I keep swiping Twitter notifications away will I not get any?

That's all I can think of for now but if I have any more I'll put them in this thread. Thank you for any responses.

Truman82

Mar 20, 2016
Visit site
Vibration is fine here, coming from iPhone X. Can't really say I have noticed any different behavior on apps I use more or less frequently.

Lucy Davies

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
Well I hope that's true coz with Twitter I read the notification from the notification shade & swip it away if I don't need to reply or do anything with it.

Also how fast is this phone? The phone I'm using now has a Snapdragon 810 in it. Will the P20 pro be faster or just as fast?

Truman82

Mar 20, 2016
Visit site
Well it is as fast you want it to be. Meaning you can change from developer settings all animations go faster which leads to faster user experience.
All games runs fine.
Multitasking is fast.
Picture in picture runs without any hiccups.

Lucy Davies

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
That's sounds good. I play a lot of Pokemon go & it always takes a few sonconds or minutes to load up just hoping it loads the game super quick like my iPad does.

Lucy Davies

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
Check YouTube if it has app launch speed test for this phone.

That was a good idea. I've looked on YouTube & it beat the Google pixel 2 XL which I was impressed with. It did take a while to load heavy graphic games but not to bad I thought. Think I'm sold on this phone 😊

Will this phone get upgraded to Android P?

Last edited:

m3lover1

Trusted Member
May 4, 2010
Visit site
Well I hope that's true coz with Twitter I read the notification from the notification shade & swip it away if I don't need to reply or do anything with it.

Also how fast is this phone? The phone I'm using now has a Snapdragon 810 in it. Will the P20 pro be faster or just as fast?
This phone will definitely be faster and snappier than the snapdragon 810. 810 wasn't that great of a chip

odd1ne

May 31, 2012
Visit site
Runs fine for me I have played loads of games no problems picture in picture fine bet you had even one stutter or hang yet thinking of it

JZ VR

Sep 28, 2016
Visit site
Someone mentioned in a video he wasn't getting many notifications for one app then since the phone has AI it learnt the guy uses the app a lot so it let all the notifications through, maybe that's what you were talking about. Perhaps the AI has something to do with it. Regarding performance Huawei flagships always have excellent short term and long term performance, the Kirin 970 inside is several generations ahead of the 810 so you should notice a difference, the P20 Pro beat the iPhone X in a speed test and if the GPU Turbo technology Huawei developed for the Honor line comes (which it probably will) this phone will be the fastest out there. The Honor Play with GPU Turbo (same chipset as the P20 Pro) beat the Xiaomi 8 with SD845 in app launch speeds 10 to 0 and in frame rates in gaming.

Lucy Davies

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
I've had the first few hours with my phone. Got everything set up but still a bit more setting up to go. So far I'm loving it & it is nice & fast. Once everything is set up 100% it will be awesome.