Share the bugs you encounter here

starleaf1

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
I've been playing Ingress for a couple of weeks now. I played since mid November, since v1.00.0.
Since it's a beta release, problems are to be expected. I've encountered a few bugs that hasn't got fixed to this day.
  1. The orientation arrow is off by 90 degrees. And it somehow 'infects' Google Maps. It's only those 2 apps though, since OSMAnd and GPS Toolbox still show correct compass orientation. The only thing I can do to fix Google Maps is to uninstall both Ingress and Google Maps, then reinstalling Google Maps.
  2. Since v1.04.0 my position keeps shifting around by 5-10 meters, even with perfect GPS lock. I've tried force closing, clearing cache and data, reinstalling, but nothing works. UPDATE: v1.08.0 fixes this.
What are your problems? Do you have a problem similar to mine? And how you solved it, if you did?

Last edited:

rlhammon

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
Version 1.08 fixed the issues as you mentioned, except for the orientation of the arrows being off. For the most part Ingress seems to have issues with displaying where you are on your map, because when I have both Ingress and Google Maps open Maps shows me correctly, and Ingress is always slightly off (20 feet or so). Sometimes this is enough to keep me from being able to access a portal, because it's placed INSIDE the building (say the Post Office) and after hours you can't get close enough to hack the portal!

AnAreKey

Dec 8, 2012
Visit site
I just got my Beta key last night. I got the Ingress software installed onto my phone (Driod Bionic). I started going through the tutorial and when I got to the simulated portal my map disappeared after i tapped the screen to select the portal. I closed the app and started up again. Still blank map. I could see all the other options to go into plus the directional arrow but no map. I powered off/on the phone and the map returned. I decided to skip the simulated portal for now and go on with the collection of the XM with in range. Everything seem to work fine until I got to 98% on the reserve. Then it just stopped collecting. I could see spots within the radius indicator but it wouldn't collect anything. Once again I power off/on the phone. Now the app wont start up. I've uninstalled the app and redownloaded/installed it. Still wont start up. All I get is a spinning logo with v1.08.1 below it and background music. Sometimes I get the same but no back ground music.

A few times I got the following:

Booting Niantic Software v1.08.1.....

JMP 0x1F
POPL %ESI
MOVL %ESI,0x8(%ESI)
XORL %EAX,%EAX
MOVB %EAX,0x7(%ESI)
MOVL %EAX,0xC(%ESI)
MOVB $0xB,%AL
MOVL %ESI,&EBX
LEAL 0x8(%ESI),%ECX

Then it will just hang there. Any thoughts?

UPDATE: Finally got the app to start up and the screen just constantly flashes. I can here the mission briefing just fine. Anything I select still just flashes. I tried a force close and clearing of data and now right back to the initialization screen I listed before. I moved the app to the internal storage thinking it may make it more stable. wrong.... This really sucks since I just got my key and started playing this last night.

Last edited:

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Had a hard time getting through the tutorial/training mission, since the map blanked out and stayed blank after selecting the simulated portal to hack it. Since I was outside my house, I went and got my Nexus 7 and managed to keep it in WiFi range long enough to complete the tutorial, and when the training mission was complete I did a "force resync" on my Thunderbolt and it worked "fine".

By "fine", I mean the map seems to display OK, but as others have mentioned the compass pointer and actual compass North have nothing to do with each other, meaning you're looking at everything going by on your left with no idea of what is in front of you. I'd rather have the option of a more traditional Maps view that I can force to North-up, I don't like 45 degree flyover views especially looking out a "side window".

Can't form much of an opinion yet, I've managed to build my power bar up but haven't had time to stop by a portal yet to try anything - most of the portals around here are hostile so I think I'll learn some hard lessons right quick.

mccornwall

May 12, 2011
Visit site
Bionic here also. I have the disappearing map bug also. Pretty hard to play when you have nothing to go by. I guess I'm stuck until they fix it. C'Mon Google/Niantic. Get on with it. This bug has been reported many times and for quite a while now.

starleaf1

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Booting Niantic Software v1.08.1.....

JMP 0x1F
POPL %ESI
MOVL %ESI,0x8(%ESI)
XORL %EAX,%EAX
MOVB %EAX,0x7(%ESI)
MOVL %EAX,0xC(%ESI)
MOVB $0xB,%AL
MOVL %ESI,&EBX
LEAL 0x8(%ESI),%ECX

Then it will just hang there. Any thoughts?

Those are statements from Assembly programming language. As far as I know, it took a while for the app to move away from that screen, it probably retrieves the ToS page or something while showing you that thing. As for the programming language statements itself, it is most probably purely cosmetic, to make the app look like not a game, and has nothing to do with what the app is doing.

f1madman

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
Just started "playing" today. Trying to do first training mission and presented with a blank map.

Restarted and everything, still no map.

starleaf1

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Just started "playing" today. Trying to do first training mission and presented with a blank map.

Restarted and everything, still no map.
When I get no map on start-up (especially the first start-up, when there's nothing in the cache), crappy Internet connection is always the culprit.
Try opening a page from a browser, see if your connection works. Also try opening Ingress while in a different mobile network, or a wi-fi.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress