Watch face burn-in?

stay-fun

Mar 31, 2015
Visit site
Hi guys,

I noticed a burn-in on my G-Watch! I was really surprised, because it's LCD, and not supposed to have a screen-burn, right? What do you guys think? Has anyone else seen something similar?

Ok, so here are the details. On the first pic, you can see my watch face, which I've been using for like 3 months or so. Note that I turn off my watch at night! (I'm very anal about the battery - so I completely turn off the watch at night, for ~8 hours or so). This makes it even more weird I think.
So the burn-in is not visible when the background is black, but in the settings menu (grey background), you can see the ring of the watch face in the third picture!

So any comments, has anybody else seen it? Right now I'm not too much bothered with it, because in normal use you don't really see it. I'd just like to hear opinions and other people's experiences.

SAM_5662 (1280x853).jpg
The watch face

SAM_5663 (1280x853).jpg
Black background, no burn-in visible

SAM_5661 (1280x853).jpg
Grey background, burn-in from the ring in the watch face visible (please ignore the straight, near-vertical line in the middle-right, it's a scratch on the screen protector)

stay-fun

Mar 31, 2015
Visit site
Screen brightness was set to 4 (of 6). But that's just the power for the backlight, that shouldn't have anything to do with how the liquid crystals in a pixel behave... right? And the behavior of the liquid crystals is what is causing the burn-in.

Yes I'm a science nerd, not that I know all the ins and outs of LCD's tho :-*

mr_nobody

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
Well lcd certainly can burn in. I can't imagine using the same watchface every day though...how boring! I have tasker load a random watchmaker face out of 60+ faces at midnight every day.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa