LG G3 spec and poster revealed

The Tick077

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Soooo, 801 + 330 + 2k = laggy gameplay?

He never said laggy. He said a worse experience than a G2. If we look at another device with a 2k display and the 800 (almost the same as the 801) - the Vivo Xplay 3S - we can get an idea about the performance (the G3 may be more optimized than this device, and the 801 does marginally improve performance, but it gives us a good idea).
For comparison:
T-Rex HD onscreen
31 fps (S805-2k)
19 fps (S801-2K)(Vivo Xplay 3s,G3 predic.)
27 fps (S801-FHD)(S5-M8)
15fps (S600-FHD)(S4-M7)
40fps (S805-FHD)
23fps (S800-FHD) (G2)
These are not predictions in any way,S805 benchmarks taken from anandtech's review and other benchmarks from gfxbenchmark website.

[edit-grammar and spelling and clarification]

erwaso

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
He never said laggy. He said a worse experince than a G2. If we look at another device with a 2k display and the 801 - the Vivo Xplay 3S - we can get an idea about the performance (the G3 may be more optimized than this device, but it gives us a good idea).
For comparison:
T-Rex HD onscreen
31 fps (S805-2k)
19 fps (S801-2K)(Vivo Xplay 3s,G3 predic.)
27 fps (S801-FHD)(S5-M8)
15fps (S600-FHD)(S4-M7)
40fps (S805-FHD)
23fps (S800-FHD) (G2)
These are not predictions in any way,S805 benchmarks taken from anandtech's review and other benchmarks from gfxbenchmark website.

I'm curious if the 4fps difference is really noticeable.

The Tick077

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I'm curious if the 4fps difference is really noticeable.

I'm curious if 4 fps is worse performance? (which you seem to be disputing)

[edit to add] BTW that is nearly a 20% difference. Would a 20% decrease in performance in any spec make you happy?

sparker04

May 21, 2014
Visit site
Re: LG's official poster spotted

I've saw that LG made a press release for the LG G3 case with the "window" for the flip covers. The only down side to a flip cover in my opinion was not being able to see the screen real quick to see who is calling or texting me. But with the window you can take pics and make calls and more which I'm anxious to see how well it works out.

RaiderWill

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site

It's still rumors that they will release a prime edition... Nothing is set in stone ...I would bet against it Samsung already has 2 flagships .... the note is the most important to them in the fall
What?
You're kidding right? ( Does Razr / Razr Maxx ring a bell? ) Do you really think Samsung and HTC are going stand by and let LG have the ONLY 2560 x1440P Q-HD screen available? (OPPO's Find 7 as well)
The Prime's are not rumors.. they are FACT.. (Did you not see the pic of the S5 Prime right here on this site with it's raised and rounder rear cover? or the raised camera lens on the HTC M8 Prime ?) and, can you walk in a store and buy an LG-G3? do you know the exact day that you can buy it?
I'll answer for you.. NO you don't. Someone has to be 1st to "Officially" release specs.. this round it happens to be LG.. But like I've stated this device is a "Tweener" yes they'll most likely be 1st up for sale, but that "Rush to Market" months ahead of their normal cycle has created a tweener device running the 801 and (2013 Adreno 330 GPu).. where Samsung and HTC by waiting just a little longer, will have "THE" SoC combo to have for the remainder of 2014 in the Snapdragon 805 / Adreno 420 that will provide that extra push for 1440P Q-HD.

erwaso

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
I'm curious if 4 fps is worse performance? (which you seem to be disputing)

[edit to add] BTW that is nearly a 20% difference. Would a 20% decrease in performance in any spec make you happy?

Not disputing, i see it seems that way but it's such a small number compared to going from 19 to 31 with the 801 and 805 on 2k. Real curiosity.

Has anyone seen the difference in game play or general performance on a G2 vs an S5/M8? Thats a 4 fps diff too. :)

RaiderWill

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site

I understand, but this would also go for the "don't buy the new handset with the 805 because the 809/810 is coming in January!"

It never ends :(
No.. I disagree with that statement.
Reason being, the jump to 2K 1440P Quad-HD is a big one.. the Adreno 330 was on the drawing boards what? maybe late 2012 early 2013?
It was not designed with 1440P Q-HD in mind.. but the newer and stronger Adreno 420 is.. That being said the next one has to ask themselves is how long am I going to keep a new device? and, what am I going to do with it?
If all you do is read and play checkers with a little fruit ninja on your phone.. you have no worries. the 801 / 330 combo will do you just fine.
But if you are a heavy gamer.. If you watch a lot of HD content or 4K content.. if you cast to your T.V... if you want to feel secure in the knowledge that you purchased the most power available for this New Technology then you go with a Snapdragon 805 / Adreno 420 deivce period.. Especially if you are planning on financing this $650.00 to $700.00 device for the next 2 years.
Or.. do you have Cash.. to purchase now.. so that if you like for example what Google is going to sell in their 2015 Silver Line of upscale devices you can sell your S5 Prime or HTC Prime that was the strongest 32 Bit SoC that was available in 2014 ( You have to think resale value as well ) pay the difference and get that 64 Bit Snapdragon 808 / 810 SoC... but you also have to ask yourself, will there be software ON DAY 1 to DAY 60 that will truly take advantage of the 808 / 810's 64 Bit registers? But all this said.. not to worry, just like Samsung with the S5 and HTC with the M8.. LG will this fall release their own "Prime" G3 so they can catch back up with the other 2.. worry about 2015 in 2015.. for the here and now, you want to go with the 805 / 420.. just be patient until about the 4th of July..............

RaiderWill

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site

Always something new to look forward to and not buy want to buy the next thing that comes out... Lol.
Nah... I disagree.
The G3 is just not a good investment unless you are going to keep it and just use it to read, play checkers and the occasional game of fruit ninja.
1440P Q-HD on a phone is a beautiful thing.. I just want the strongest chipset available at the time of purchase to run that Quad-HD and that's not the Snapdragon 801 and Adreno 330.. I love LG and own a G-Pad 8.3.. but this is not the device for "Me" I can wait.. my current device is running just fine. If I'm to invest $700.00 into a phone with this new Quad-HD Technology, it's going to have a Snapdragon 805 / Adreno 420.. the latest and the greatest for 2014.. Don't worry in the fall LG will also have a Prime Edition of the G3.. We'll see the practical benifits of the 64 Bit 808's / 810's in 2015 when they finally get here.

shack-32

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site

Wow, this phone will really suffer with the processor and this screen..

Maybe we should wait for S5 Prime with 2k display and maybe a S805 (expensive though)

KatMiku

May 20, 2014
Visit site

Maybe we should wait for S5 Prime with 2k display and maybe a S805 (expensive though)

Rather wait on the M8 Prime or a Google Silver device then, I would sooner turn to iOS than I would ever turn to Touchwiz

kingmac38

Dec 14, 2010
Visit site

http://www.fool.com/investing/general/2014/05/21/where-is-qualcomm-incs-snapdragon-805.aspx

This may tell why lg went 801 if you have to put another chip in the phone instead of lte in the SOC ...
That would add cost to every phone .... And the 805 would get worse battery life with the 805 possibly needing bigger battery adding to cost ... With another radio in the phone
Sent from my SM-N900P using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

Last edited:

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site

This may tell why lg went 801 if you have to put another chip in the phone

Interesting read.... 805 might only work in larger devices... needs a larger battery, better thermal handling and an external radio chip (i.e. MOAR SIZE).... LG is going all high-speed/low-drag from the looks of it... So to anyone who went "BAH!!! No 805 phone sucks I pass" Don't be so quick.... I don't see how anyone can make any assumptions as to how well the thing performs when no one has even had one in their hands yet.

Then again, who knows.. that might be a Korean-only version....

livetoride4666

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site

Rather wait on the M8 Prime or a Google Silver device then, I would sooner turn to iOS than I would ever turn to Touchwiz

I'm hoping the M8 prime week keep the same screen size. If leaks are correct and they go with a 5.5 coupled with the infamous htc black bar and speakers this thing will be huge.

Posted via Android Central App

erwaso

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site

No.. I disagree with that statement.
Reason being, the jump to 2K 1440P Quad-HD is a big one.. the Adreno 330 was on the drawing boards what? maybe late 2012 early 2013?
It was not designed with 1440P Q-HD in mind.. but the newer and stronger Adreno 420 is.. That being said the next one has to ask themselves is how long am I going to keep a new device? and, what am I going to do with it?
If all you do is read and play checkers with a little fruit ninja on your phone.. you have no worries. the 801 / 330 combo will do you just fine.
But if you are a heavy gamer.. If you watch a lot of HD content or 4K content.. if you cast to your T.V... if you want to feel secure in the knowledge that you purchased the most power available for this New Technology then you go with a Snapdragon 805 / Adreno 420 deivce period.. Especially if you are planning on financing this $650.00 to $700.00 device for the next 2 years.
Or.. do you have Cash.. to purchase now.. so that if you like for example what Google is going to sell in their 2015 Silver Line of upscale devices you can sell your S5 Prime or HTC Prime that was the strongest 32 Bit SoC that was available in 2014 ( You have to think resale value as well ) pay the difference and get that 64 Bit Snapdragon 808 / 810 SoC... but you also have to ask yourself, will there be software ON DAY 1 to DAY 60 that will truly take advantage of the 808 / 810's 64 Bit registers? But all this said.. not to worry, just like Samsung with the S5 and HTC with the M8.. LG will this fall release their own "Prime" G3 so they can catch back up with the other 2.. worry about 2015 in 2015.. for the here and now, you want to go with the 805 / 420.. just be patient until about the 4th of July..............

Except there will always be something better than what you end up buying. True story.

kingmac38

Dec 14, 2010
Visit site

Except there will always be something better than what you end up buying. True story.

The Note 4 is coming with snapdragon 810

I saw a guy with a engineering sample in Seoul the other day

Sent from my SM-N900P using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1400794386607.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1400794386607.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 69

VW Maverick

Retired Ambassador
Dec 3, 2010
Visit site

With the pace of technology these days, the damn thing is out of date before you even get it to the car. ;)

LG knows what they're doing.

Mav. :cool:

Sent from my Sprint Tri-Band LG G2.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site

If it is true and only has the snapdragon801 I will wait and see what the "prime" versions of HTC and samsung bring. With the increased resolution and same battery in the g2, I could see this not having that great of battery life.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez