lg g3 screen scratches

CellTheUltimateAndroid

Apr 19, 2015
Visit site
I've had my g3 for around 3 weeks, and I've noticed some scratches on my screen (I think this is because I had a metal pen in the same pocket as the g3).
Anyone know how to get rid of the scratches? I've heard a method with toothpaste...

Posted via the Android Central App

underway99

Trusted Member
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
I'd expect that some toothpaste products could damage the touchscreen. Many have abrasives that are great for cleaning the teeth, but lousy for the glass touchscreen (even the Gorilla Glass on the G3).

underway99

Trusted Member
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
I don't know. Perhaps your dentist can tell you which toothpastes have abrasives. Regardless, I don't think I could see myself using toothpaste or any other type of cleaner or polish on my touchscreen. I've seen recommendations that the only thing to use on these new screens is a slightly dampened lint-free cloth.

You might be able to hide very light scratches with a screen protector. I paid Amazon less than $6 for a glass screen shield. Feels like the naked screen.

joebloggs13

May 21, 2012
Visit site
^^^+1 I agree with above poster. I would strongly recommend an oleophobic glass screen protector. The good ones can go for as little as $10 on Amazon. They are worth their weight in gold! Very slim for factor while adding a lot of protection. Mine actually feels better than the screen itself!

Posted via the Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webchambers