LG G3 D805 no signal?

A

AC Question

LG G3 D805 no signal

Here is the craic folks.

Back in the day, i bought an American phone (by accident) in the UK. The phone has served me well for 2 years but she died with this damn Lolipop android upgrade. (thanks android for not asking if i want to update and subsequently wiping all my data- really, great work).

I have done a factory reset but i appear to have no signal after the reset. My sim is recognised because i can find contacts and it does work in other phones. I have tried using the network app ( on the play store - it is the equivalent of typing in the *#*#34.....) to make it default to 2g and 3g networks but it doesn't give me an option to change the network mode.

When searching for a provider in the phone network settings It only appears to find the lte networks (american lte networks are a diff frequency to uk ones i think so here in lies the problem) but when i try to register on the network (three) it doesnt work. I have entered all the apn crap but still not having much luck. I am hoping someone here might know what to do or can point me in the right direction? if you need me to post any settings off the phone let me know.

If anyone has any ideas or advice it would be appreciated.

Thanki you.

Lee.

x.

the tall guy

Q&A Team
Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
Re: LG G3 D805 no signal

Hi, take the phone down to a Three store - they are really helpful and will make sure all your necessary settings are correct.

LEDWARDZ

Apr 14, 2016
Visit site

cheers tall guy. I did take it into the three store, they checked my IMEI - must of thought i had nicked the phone lol! Then told me it was probably related to the andoird update and there was nothing they could do because they dont provide tech support for it. I am going to try calling their customer services tonight. see if i can get anyone that knows what they are doing!

Cheers,

Lee.

LEDWARDZ

Apr 14, 2016
Visit site

Nope, they are no use either. Thy will redirect me to lg customer services who will charge me if the phone is out of warranty.... gawd damn.