My phone shouldn't bootloop.....right?

CellTheUltimateAndroid

Apr 19, 2015
Visit site
I've recently heard about this "bootloop" issue.
Well I've got the international (uk) h815 model and my serial number is 507. Ive had the phone for more than a month without any issues. I shouldn't have any issues in the future...right?

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Unless you tamper with the software or something goes wrong while installing an update (or sometimes hardware issues from overheating can cause bootloops), you should be fine.

KPMcClave

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Well I've got the international (uk) h815 model and my serial number is 507. Ive had the phone for more than a month without any issues. I shouldn't have any issues in the future...right?

The info in the wild is that the issue with spontaneous bootlooping is tied to handsets made before September. 507 indicates yours was made in July. So, no, I can't say with any certainty that you're immune to the defect. You're likely at risk given all I've seen.

Anecdotally, it's seemed that most of the folks who have posted here had a 505 (mine was and I had the bootloop failure). I haven't actually tallied the posts, so my perception could be off. Even if it's not, the failure has occurred for others with newer than 505 serial numbers.

Good luck. Back up your data and media, hope for the best, and get on with your life.

KPMcClave

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Unless you tamper with the software or something goes wrong while installing an update (or sometimes hardware issues from overheating can cause bootloops), you should be fine.

This is obviously true generally, but there is a specific hardware issue with LG G4s reportedly assembled before September of last year.

Kr0m

May 24, 2011
Visit site
Silly question but I'd like to confirm where to get the numbers you're referring to. When I take the back cover off of my Canadian H812, on different parts of the phone I see references to H810, 508, etc... Then when I remove the battery to view the S/N, it starts with 506. (Phone was purchased in July 2015).
Is the 506 the number I should keep in the back of my mind when seeing similar numbers in reports of the bootloops etc...?

Tsukiyomi

Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Silly question but I'd like to confirm where to get the numbers you're referring to. When I take the back cover off of my Canadian H812, on different parts of the phone I see references to H810, 508, etc... Then when I remove the battery to view the S/N, it starts with 506. (Phone was purchased in July 2015).
Is the 506 the number I should keep in the back of my mind when seeing similar numbers in reports of the bootloops etc...?

Yep :)

HR_Tech

Feb 3, 2015
Visit site
LG has decided to fix this for many users. I found many articles with the details. (I haven't posted enough here yet to include the link. ;-) )

troshs

Trusted Member
Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
Basically they said it was due to a loose connector inside the phone. Since they know what the problem is now, just back up your stuff in case it happens and they should be able to set things straight for you.

Posted via the Android Central App

tardus

May 26, 2014
Visit site

Just keep it backed up! Especially sms if you need that. Good luck. My phone made in July still OK.

Last edited:

KPMcClave

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Don't be, just do an occasional back up to the SD card and enjoy it. We have 2 other G4's in our house all made the same time and only mine acted up. It's not every one of them.

Well, I've given the same advice. By ansty I didn't mean it's keeping me up nights or anything. Just that I noticed the serial # when the refurb arrived and it didn't fill me with confidence for the long haul. We'll see.

I don't want to jinx you, but I have a feeling that we aren't at the end of the cycle for these meltdowns. For some, it's a matter of it hasn't happened...yet. That's the sense I get from the way this has seemingly picked up over the past few weeks.

Good luck.

Last edited:

Kko 5

May 20, 2015
Visit site
Hi all...I have the G4 H815 serial 505 since May 2015 and it runs perfect!!!

Posted from my LG G4

Last edited:

KPMcClave

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Hi all...I have the G4 H815 serial 505 since May 2015 and it runs perfect!!!

Posted from my LG G4

I hope that continues, and it may.

Note that many (most?) of us who have experienced the bootloop failure had it happen with no prior warning at all. In my case, my G4 was working perfectly until it died.

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
Back up your data now just in case.

I did just that even though I believed my phone would be fine.

And guess what? It died. S/N began with 505, unlocked H815 variant.

Kko 5

May 20, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for the advice guys....I feel sorry for you all really...I know very well how frustrating it can be to loose your personal data and info.
I keep my fingers crossed that my G4 will keep running smoothly

Posted from my LG G4

Kko 5

May 20, 2015
Visit site
By the way guys I have a question...does anybody knows LG 's official policy about this? Do they replace them or just fix them?

Posted from my LG G4

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez