Preferred SMS app

johnnyshinta

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
I am currently using Verizon messages because of the features it offers. I find myself going back to stock for the simplicity and aesthetics.

Anyone sticking with stock?

EMGSM

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
I am currently using Verizon messages because of the features it offers. I find myself going back to stock for the simplicity and aesthetics.

Anyone sticking with stock?

I am. The last time I remember using something other than stock was with the Galaxy S and S2.

JimmyMac

May 8, 2010
Visit site
As I stated in one of the battery threads, I found that Verizon's Messenger + killed battery life on my phone. So I switched to the stock app. I may look into Textra as long as it doesn't hurt battery.

JAG21979

Dec 14, 2013
Visit site
Google/Android messages app

Agreed, GBoard is nice, very simple and offers just about everything you could ask for, for free...The only feature I would love to see on all keyboards is the ability to press and hold down the space bar to activate the cursor, I've only seen this feature on iOS and the native LG G6 keyboard...It comes in handy for a sloppy typer like me

ajb1965

Trusted Member
Jun 14, 2014
Visit site
Android Messages + Gboard here. Not a fan of the stock LG Messaging app. For the small amount of texting I do these days, it works well for me.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Android Messages + Gboard here. Not a fan of the stock LG Messaging app. For the small amount of texting I do these days, it works well for me.

LG's stock messaging app was nice but I must say, I missed the utility and customizable nature of Textra.

ajb1965

Trusted Member
Jun 14, 2014
Visit site
LG's stock messaging app was nice but I must say, I missed the utility and customizable nature of Textra.

I've never tried Textra but I hear good things about it. Most of my contacts use FB Messenger these days which I don't really care for, especially now that it's trying to be Snapchat Jr...

Still holding onto hope for SMS in Allo :)

imnjs

Apr 11, 2015
Visit site
Do any of these mentioned apps have the ability to reply directly from the notification list like the native LG app?