LG Lucid 3 / Verizon / Running out of storage and an extra anomaly

redshark92

Jul 6, 2016
Visit site
Hi all,

Looking for advice on that. This is actually my wife's phone - I have a much older one (LG Optima) that I also ran into some data storage issues with that I managed to solve.

A bit frustrating that I'm having issues figuring this one out.

We started getting the "Low on Memory" message about a week and a half ago, available memory was showing as somewhere around 30-50 MB) and my wife started removing a few things, but wasn't able to get enough out to clear out the error.

I started playing with it once she ran out of ideas and cleared out a ton. It was storing photos locally, so we cleared those out, we cleared out a bunch of non-essential apps and moved a few others to the SD Card.

This brought the available memory up to about 500 MB, so I figured we were good. The next day the available memory went back down to around 50 MB and the error started up again.

I did a bit more digging and cleared out the "Recent Calls" and Text Messaging history (both of which went back about a year and a half to when the phone was new). Pulled some more app data out and got the available memory up to around 600 MB.

Except now it seems to go back and forth from around 400 MB or so down to about 35 MB or so. When it's on the high-end of that the warning doesn't show up, but on the low end it does.

I'm kind of at a loss with this - one of the things I did while clearing out app data was cleared caches from some apps, I expect that to come back, but not to the level that we're seeing and certainly not so fast.

It also seems odd that it's going back and forth so much on the available memory.

Any ideas? LMK if any specific info is helpful.

mstrblueskys

Q&A Team
Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
Check any video/music/podcast/audiobook apps. Something that would be pulling in large files. Even snapchat videos and messenger gifs can take up space.

When you get down that far, it's hard to dig out of the hole. Good luck!

redshark92

Jul 6, 2016
Visit site
I think I already nailed all the ones like that, but I'll check again to make sure.

Nice Strat, btw, I've also got a Sunburst with a Rosewood board - mine is an 88 MIJ Standard with a Hardtail.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non