did ota update today and i still have ics

sivart212

May 2, 2013
Visit site
I did a software update just a little while ago and thought it was for jb. Turns out my phone still shows it is running ics (4.0.4)

My phone is rooted and that is all, stock rom and whatever. Could my phone being rooted prevent it from getting updated?

I have seen other forums and posts that say only having root access won't prevent getting software updates and will most likely remove the root access. I still have root.

Any ideas?

LG Optimus G on ATT

chubb

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
If you are rooted and did not delete any preinstalled apps or software you should be good. If you froze any apps you might have to unfreeze them first for the update to take. The JB update went live a few weeks ago so if the update did download and install correctly that is what you should have. Also any ota official update will break root, even happens to the Nexus devices.

Heres a link to a pic of what you should/would have after the update.

AT&T's LG Optimus G getting its Jelly Bean update today | Android Central

Last edited:

sivart212

May 2, 2013
Visit site
Ok so I only had some apps disabled, not frozen, if thats different. Also it says I have to wait 22 hours to check for update.

I took screenshot of my software information but it seems i cant add it to the post. It shows the phone still on 4.0.4.

chubb

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
You might have to enable them. I'm not sure though. Not an expert on the optimus. Once that is doe though wouldn't hurt to she what at&t says.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

sivart212

May 2, 2013
Visit site
Apparently the first update was something else. I changed the date on phone to tomorrow and scanned again for updates and there was another, which was jelly bean. Thanks for the help

Also didn't lose root! Yay