[ROM]MIUI GingerBread Release5 4.26.2012 ZVD

Invincible Madness

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM]MIUI 2.3.7 Release4 4.14.2012 ZVD

rethemed the GenieWidget to match miui better :D

Jason, you are awesome. Tell me what else is left to be themed. Coz, honestly, I thought yuo and carole finished everything literally :D

And you said, you'd link me to the Black Android theme you ported? Anything giving you hardtime?

jasonevil

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site

Jason, you are awesome. Tell me what else is left to be themed. Coz, honestly, I thought yuo and carole finished everything literally :D

And you said, you'd link me to the Black Android theme you ported? Anything giving you hardtime?

yeah, the notification text. can't figure it out :/

jasonevil

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site

What if you that part untouched? Is that the reason for black square on top left oh status bar?

that's a 9 error lol

ok

some 9 hdpi images will work for mdpi except for

status bar
title bar medium
title bar tall
title bar portrait

normally with a cm7 theme, i use mainly hdpi images with the exception of those which i duplicate at the correct size for mdpi. since we don't have mdpi folder, we are almost screwed.

easiest way to fix is to make the image the correct size for our resolution.

for example,

the status bar is 25px in height. so you'd make your image 320px by 25px and use that in the theme. does that make sense?

btw, this is also why when you install an app from the file manager, the gray title bar doesn't stretch across correctly.

one more thing, the images that i listed earlier do not have to be 9's. they will work if they are the correct width.

Invincible Madness

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site

one more thing, the images that i listed earlier do not have to be 9's. they will work if they are the correct width.

Ok, then can't we convert the 9's to normal PNGs and resize them? I'm sure you would have thought about that if it were so easy. I'm just trying to understand what is the cause of that error. Is it not being able to resize a 9 image or can't we replace the whole 9 image with another one (may be color the one from default and place it there)? Just some ideas :D

jasonevil

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site

Ok, then can't we convert the 9's to normal PNGs and resize them? I'm sure you would have thought about that if it were so easy. I'm just trying to understand what is the cause of that error. Is it not being able to resize a 9 image or can't we replace the whole 9 image with another one (may be color the one from default and place it there)? Just some ideas :D

yeah but that isn't the problem, the actual text in the drop down for notifications will not theme. that is the problem, images are the easy part.....

jasonevil

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site

Now I get it. Where would that be? SystemUI or Frameworks?

ok, so far i can't figure it out, i've used every method of redirecting for the text but nothing works. i even found a theme that did change the text to white on a black background but once you reboot, the text reverts back to black. the rest stays the same....there is something missing or something else going on besides the theme.....i even changed every text color to white in a theme, everything changed but the notification text....i messaged the person doing the port on the hero and they said that it was an issue in earlier versions but not now, said something was a miss with text colors in the framework-res and miui-framework-res....haven't had time to go through them yet. i'll get a chance tomorrow night.

carole6m

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site

9png images can't be just resized, the information needs to be copied from the original 9 images to the resized images. There's a special tool for that and you draw black lines exactly like they were in the original images so that the resized images will stretch and show content how they're supposed to.
151927vsllpwn3vhdpspfz.png.thumb.jpg

carole6m

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site

So could it be a 9png image issue? When I first tried to resize the flipclock I didn't know I needed to use a special tool to resize the 9 images so i just resized them with photoshop and here's the clock I got, images look fine but numbers aren't showing. The bottom part where the day and date show, the background is just an ordinary png image. But the date and day won't show up at the bottom if the top part where it flips doesn't contain the 9png information.
082241dhddk4z9uiudj4hp.jpg

Then I resized the 9 images using the tool but copied the lines wrong, and it looked like this,
143447m9wrdu350wp3otlu.jpg

After I finally copied everything correctly it showed up fine.
23945d1334937429-rom-miui-2-3-7-release4-4-14-2012-zvd-20120420115336.png

So if the 9 images are resized using photoshop, some other information on regular png images might not show up correctly either.

Invincible Madness

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site

9png images can't be just resized, the information needs to be copied from the original 9 images to the resized images. There's a special tool for that and you draw black lines exactly like they were in the original images so that the resized images will stretch and show content how they're supposed to.
Click to view quoted image

What tool is that? And sounds like you could start theming too :D
Any ideas for the issue Jason is having? Theming the notification text.

cloroxx.l

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site

I literally read every page on this thread to track/admire the progress being made here and its extraordinary. You guys are doing a great job, I took a gander on porting themes over myself; this although is highly unlikely :( It looks like you guys are all over it, I can't really see myself helping but MIUI is the future of the LS670 and this moment is one I've been waiting on sense CM7 was even ported. Just showing my gratitude to all of those who have helped make this amazing. I now know the complete status of the ROM and I will be using it daily. Themes would just make this ROM too good to be true. :p

Reactions: Invincible Madness

Invincible Madness

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site

I literally read every page on this thread to track/admire the progress being made here and its extraordinary. You guys are doing a great job, I took a gander on porting themes over myself; this although is highly unlikely :( It looks like you guys are all over it, I can't really see myself helping but MIUI is the future of the LS670 and this moment is one I've been waiting on sense CM7 was even ported. Just showing my gratitude to all of those who have helped make this amazing. I now know the complete status of the ROM and I will be using it daily. Themes would just make this ROM too good to be true. :p

Glad you like it.Themes do work most of the time but the text part disappears in the background. There is a backup I made of my theme somewhere here, it's pretty sick.
Try it out :)

cloroxx.l

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site

Glad you like it.Themes do work most of the time but the text part disappears in the background. There is a backup I made of my theme somewhere here, it's pretty sick.
Try it out :)
Yes i did use that however with no sucess and I am still unable to ever change my SMS theme ive customized from stock theme only selecting SMS and no luck with your theme, darkandroid, etc. Not sure whats up there and im mostly concerned about the status bar =D just going to wait on a nice Black/Dark theme in the meantime xD

Invincible Madness

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site

Yes i did use that however with no sucess and I am still unable to ever change my SMS theme ive customized from stock theme only selecting SMS and no luck with your theme, darkandroid, etc. Not sure whats up there and im mostly concerned about the status bar =D just going to wait on a nice Black/Dark theme in the meantime xD

Carole had similar issue. Did you flash gapps with VVM fix? If you did, that replaces the stock mms with another one. Either manually replace the mms.apk with the one on the ROM zip or use different gapps (I use BobZhome's and it works well). That should definitely work.

Read this post.

cloroxx.l

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site

Carole had similar issue. Did you flash gapps with VVM fix? If you did, that replaces the stock mms with another one. Either manually replace the mms.apk with the one on the ROM zip or use different gapps (I use BobZhome's and it works well). That should definitely work.

Read this post.
oh no ! very true! ill swap those out forgot about that fix.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alexpall