word on the street is cold as ice will work on the Ov

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
You people are ridiculous... :smh: curiousnoob has been flashing OS roms for months... at least you people finally figured out you can flash them.

Even though it seems.everything is working, the sprint roms still don't work as well as the OV roms do on our phones. I flashed hydroRom a while ago and sure it worked, but there was annoying stuff I didn't feel like fixing like the sprint logos and plus the buttons are screwed up. What I'm just saying is that these roms are cool and work, butbthe effort is not always worth it when we have completely functional v roms.

Also I saw a post about this having more working than tdms quattrimus... I beg to differ. Yes things broke in alpha 8, but EVERYTHING but mms worked in alpha 7. I know, I ran it for a month. Anyways... have fun with your new found knowledge...

And oh... good luck OS devs with dealing with these OV owners;)

cammykool

Resident *****
Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
well with the buttion switch TDM provided for quattrimus works just find and i dont mind the sprint stuff makes me feel like i can afford a sprint phone ^.^ Lol

Reactions: anthonycr

rebel69ization

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
No I didn't just find this out, I was trying to stay with the optimus v roms but I really haven't liked any of the cm9 versions. I tried a couple over here and they are much better! I don't care if it says sprint on it, MY PHONE WORKS PERIOD.

sent from my ice cold OV 4.0.4

cammykool

Resident *****
Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
You'll need to edit the apns-conf.xml to reflect Virgin Mobile's values 311 490

For anyone who wants to try:
- use a root capable file manager, and copy the /system/etc/apns-conf.xml file to your PC (it's too large to edit on the phone)
- open it with a good text editor (notepad may work, but I don't ever recommend notepad).
- search for Virgin Mobile US, and change the mmc to 311 and mnc to 490.
- copy it back to your phone,
- clear cache in the MMS app,
- reboot.

^jerrys MMS fix maby a OS dev could add that in for us? idk how to

Zakman

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
I went to go edit it and they're already there. " <apn carrier="Virgin Mobile US" mcc="311" mnc="490" apn="0" mmsproxy="205.239.233.136" mmsport="81" mmsc="http://mmsc.vmobl.com:8088/mms?" port="" type="mms" />
"

mkfryan

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site
Tried because curiosity had me going. Running backside with green machine with team hydros hydro kernel everything I have tried 3g wifi mms SMS camera all work.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez