[How-to] Guide to Rooting with software version LS670ZVC

Status
Not open for further replies.

wc878

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
im trying to installa customer recovery, but when i try to adb shell, i get permssion denied. do i need to do steps 1-10 to get the # prompt before i try to install the recovery?

sfhub

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
im trying to installa customer recovery, but when i try to adb shell, i get permssion denied. do i need to do steps 1-10 to get the # prompt before i try to install the recovery?
Yes, you must have the "#" prompt to flash the custom recovery or you will get permission denied.

Following the steps in the first post in order should get you the # prompt, unless you accepted the OTA VC update.

cmyasika1

Dec 5, 2010
Visit site
Could you be more specific? Do you get an error message?

After I enter ./rageagainstthecage, my device hangs at the recovery screen. the phone does not restart. I did everything that was explained and a BIG FAT NO GO. no error message.

Last edited:

sfhub

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
In the high summery, can I skip step 3 if I never have rooted my optimus s?
If you have accepted the OTA VC Update then that has updated your Recovery partition to be VC.

Assuming you have accepted the OTA VC Update...

The revert procedure only reverts the OS/Radio to be V9. It doesn't touch the Recovery image.

After step 2, you have the OS/Radio reverted to V9 but still have the VC Recovery partition. You need to get the Recovery partition reverted to V9 also. You can either do that as a byproduct of the unroot thread (step 3), or if you are a more advanced user, you can just revert the Recovery partition to V9 by hand (see the alternate advanced method in the reference section)

sfhub

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
After I enter ./rageagainstthecage, my device hangs at the recovery screen. the phone does not restart. I did everything that was explained and a BIG FAT NO GO. no error message.
Your phone isn't supposed to restart after rage.

It is supposed to kick you out of adb shell.

Then you are supposed to reconnect your "adb shell"

Did you get kicked out of your first adb shell?

What happened when you tried reconnecting (ie typed "adb shell" again)?

lguser

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Hey guy my Optimus is rooted, with custom rom and the VC update from the LG tool. Under the settings the version shows VC but for whatever reason I keep getting the OTA VC update notice. I even renamed the otacerts.zip to otacerts.zip.bak and I just got the notification again. Any ideas? Thanks.

sfhub

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Did you install a V9-based custom ROM?

If so, you probably need to find some buildprop edits to make the system think you are up to date. The are probably on the thread for the rom you have.

cmyasika1

Dec 5, 2010
Visit site
Your phone isn't supposed to restart after rage.

It is supposed to kick you out of adb shell.

Then you are supposed to reconnect your "adb shell"

Did you get kicked out of your first adb shell?

What happened when you tried reconnecting (ie typed "adb shell" again)?

Yes it kicked out of shell. when I tried to restart adb shell it tells me "error: device not found"

lguser

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site

sfhub

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Yes I did install a V9-based custom ROM, but I thougth that once you use the LG tool to update to VC stock it would actually install the VC update. The post where I got it is
http://forum.androidcentral.com/lg-...45403-how-unroot-your-phone-return-stock.html
Yes, it would install the VC update, but if you then installed a "custom ROM" as one of your previous posts mentioned, then you would still have the VC radio, but the OS would be whichever the custom ROM was based on. If it was based on V9, then it could start bugging you to upgrade again.

Did you mean "custom recovery" or "custom rom"? You mentioned "custom rom"

sfhub

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Yes it kicked out of shell. when I tried to restart adb shell it tells me "error: device not found"
That most likely means you installed the OTA VC update from Sprint.

You need to revert back to V9 if you want to root.

Instructions are in my signature.

cmyasika1

Dec 5, 2010
Visit site
That most likely means you installed the OTA VC update from Sprint.

You need to revert back to V9 if you want to root.

Instructions are in my signature.

I will try again.

I performed the steps again and still giving the same error. I am really frustrated. Can someone help?

Last edited:

blegler

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
noob here. accepted the OTA update while rooted with z4root. i believe i have everything set up and installed in the right places, but everytime i try to complete step h in the v9 recovery tut, i get the message "the system cannot find the file specified". run checksum and get
; SlavaSoft Optimizing Checksum Utility - fsum 2.52.00337 <www.slavasoft.com>
;
; Generated on 02/11/11 at 17:23:24

DO NOT get the long string of numbers under the generated line
Where did i screw up?
*edit* it would appear that i don't have any .cab files when i download from the zefie link, hence no rename?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa