[How-To] Guide to rooting with software version LS670ZVD (OUTDATED)

Status
Not open for further replies.

drewwalton19216801

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
Just to be Clear,currently I'm running ZV9 (which i flashed using KP500) and have root access with xionia recovery. I'm being prompted with a OTA upgrade to ZVC. Im assuming once I do that I'll be prompted again to go to ZVD Will I loose root access if I go to ZVC OTA and then to ZVD? and will I still have Xionia recovery or will everything go to stock?(or maybe Brick). Also, in step 7,u have to do a facory wipe/data reset, will i lose all my apps? (some i paid for which i know i can reinstall). If i move all my apps to my sdcard will they be safe? I have Titanium Backup Pro.

If you install ANY OTA update you will (a) lose root access and (b) have to force flash V9 and start all over again.

Let me repeat myself more clearly: DO NOT I REPEAT DO NOT INSTALL ANY OTA UPDATES!!! USE THE LG UPDATE TOOL ONLY!!!

Use the LG Mobile Update tool on your computer and you will update to ZVD skipping ZVC.

EDIT: Step 7 in which Part/Chapter? It looks like you're running stock, so no Factory Wipe/Data Wipe is needed.

Reactions: arrogant437

Onyoursix

Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
Anyone have an issue with the LG update tool? I have about 50 optimus s's that I rooted and installed a custom recovery on, they all had V9 baseband. I've almost finished upgrading all of them, but now my LG software tool can't update them anymore =( I noticed that when I would load the LG updater it would show the Model as I believe LS670 and it would show the version as LS670ZV9. Now when I load it it shows "Model: Model:LG-LS670" and the "version:" is blank. When I click on "start updating" it fails on the analysis and says "Software update is not supported for this model" so far I've had about 5 optimus s's fail on this.

I really don't think I'm doing anything wrong seeing as I've done the same steps over and over and over for the past few days on all these phones. I've tried reboot computer/phones reinstalling update tool, reflashing phones with different custom roms. Anyone have any other suggestion? I've also tried to reflash the V9 using the KP500.

This all started last night, just curious if anyone else has had a similar problem and had any suggestions.

arrogant437

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
I dont know i think i got confused........................ At this poiint (Currently rooted with xionia running V9) all I have to do is update with the LG mobile update tool, (i.e. wont loose apps). I did back up everything with Titanium Pro, but all my apps are Internal on the phone should i move em to the sdcard? (I know this can be risky) Also, I havent installed a custom ROM yet, so once I update to VD with the Mobile updater tool, I can refer to the "Part 3: If you wish to simply update to the VD radio and run a custom ROM" part In the "Rooting the LG Optimus S with software version LS670ZVD" post This is the section that has the wipe data/ factory reset in it

Last edited:

Onyoursix

Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
I dont know i think i got confused........................ At this poiint (Currently rooted with xionia running V9) all I have to do is update with the LG mobile update tool, (i.e. wont loose apps). I did back up everything with Titanium Pro, but all my apps are Internal on the phone should i move em to the sdcard? (I know this can be risky) Also, I havent installed a custom ROM yet, so once I update to VD with the Mobile updater tool, I can refer to the "Part 3: If you wish to simply update to the VD radio and run a custom ROM" part In the "Rooting the LG Optimus S with software version LS670ZVD" post This is the section that has the wipe data/ factory reset in it

As long as you have the custom recovery installed you will be okay updating to the VD. As far as Titanium Pro goes, I believe when you do a backup it backs up all your apps and data to the SD card so you don't really need to move them over. I don't use Titanium Pro, I use Mybackup pro, but I would guess it does the same thing.

After you update to VD then you download the custom rom, put it on SD card, boot into custom recovery and reflash. That should do it for you. Hopefully I answered your question =)

arrogant437

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
Ok Drew,or anybody, the weirdest thing just happened to me, here goes.......I follwed all the steps to Root my phone, install a custom recovery and a Custom ROM. Everything was fine until I installed the custom ROM.....From the beginning, I was running stock zvd with no root, I force flashed back to ZV9 succesfully, Installed CWMA successfully, Force flashed to ZVD sucessfully with KP500. So next, I flashed Thunderom. As stated in the post , [ROM] ThundeROM V1.8.2 3/19/2011.page 1, I.....
Download ROM, do not open it, do not extract it, do not rename it.
place on root of sdcard
boot into recovery
make a nadroid backup
wipe data,cache,dalvik
flash rom
reboot
I successfully installed thunderom, however I did not have any of my previous downloaded apps and still had root. Before I flashed thunderom, I moved all my apps to the sdcard and backed them up as well as my data.(Where did my Titanium backups go?) Next , I booted into recovery to restore my apps and settings from the nandroid back up. As a result, Thunderom is no longer active, however,my apps and data are back and my phone says Im running software version ZVD, Baseband version MV9, and Build FRG83.(Isn't this stock v9 ?) If this is ZVD, my hotspot widget shouldnt work, but it does.

I guess what im asking is do I have to forceflash back to ZV9 and do it all again? Once I flash thunderom, how do I access my titanium backup if the app isnt visible? Do I really need to do the wipe data,cache and dalvik bofore i flash thunderom? I think this is what caused ny problem

arrogant437

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
HA!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just reflashed thunderom again without the wipes and now all my apps and data are visible. WOOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
I'm curious. I just flashed ThundeROM on 1.8.2 to my Optimus running V9. Can I just install VD with the updater without switching back to the stock ROM and keep my root access?

CarrieK

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
And if I use the updater I won't lose my root as long as I have the custom recovery?

Once you are finished updating with the LG Updater tool, use your custom recovery to flash TR 1.8.2. When your phone is rebooted after flashing you will have root and TR 1.8.2. There is a thread called "How to update to VC/VD without losing your data." It has a lot of information and it is the method I used to update. I have had absolutely no problems and am enjoying this rom!

drewwalton19216801

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
Once you are finished updating with the LG Updater tool, use your custom recovery to flash TR 1.8.2. When your phone is rebooted after flashing you will have root and TR 1.8.2. There is a thread called "How to update to VC/VD without losing your data." It has a lot of information and it is the method I used to update. I have had absolutely no problems and am enjoying this rom!

Ah yes, the Robchaos method. Incidentally that method also served as the base for the VD rooting method, but we didn't know it at the time ;)

Link for those who need it.

Last edited:
Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
Thanks a bunch. That was gonna be my first guess but none of the forums seemed very clear as to if I could just install the update from ThundeROM and let it flash over it or if I had to return to stock first because unfortunately I believe I forgot to make an backup.

Error420

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the super great guides. I know this is pointless since cricket came out with the Optimus C but I used these guides to end up with a fully flashed to cricket Optimus S. Got a mint phone for cheaper than I could a Optimus C. Anyway everything is working with cricket using ThundeRom, Android version 2.2.2 Baseband Version LS670MVD_60401001, Kernel 2.6.32.9, that should give a good idea of what I have going on. Thanks again guys :)

Well after a little sleep and more time with the phone think everything works but the MMS, guess I kinda jumped the gun but its still working very well and I'll get the mms issue figured out before to long.

Last edited:

jcwxguy

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
guide worked great, got it on my first try with my new phone. (old phone i tried, but then got stuck on lg spash screen-took to sprint, they said it was defective (i said it did that after after the ota update lol-i didnt tell them i was rooting)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress