Free up Space... Only 60MB left

gasgeek

Nov 7, 2010
Visit site
Haven't installed a lot of apps but my phone only has about 60MB left on main memory. I have transferred the apps to SD card that were available for transfer, but still a lot of them are on the main memory, should I uninstall them ?, Root it and use some app transfer program ? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Giancarloaf

Nov 18, 2010
Visit site
First time android user here. Had my optimus for a week now, only a few apps installed and I'm already down to 12MB free. Is this average for our devices? Any tips on saving storage space?

Also, first post, woot!

gasgeek

Nov 7, 2010
Visit site
Titanium backup shows that my phone has only 172 MB of space on the internal memory, and that it has only 63MB left. I thought the specs said it had 512 ROM and 512 RAM, are we missing something?.

prittyboy203

Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
For some reason was not experencing this at all I had about 20 apps a lot of them where from things like titanium backu to z4root and for some reason I was ignorant and kept a task manager and I always killed the stufff I didn't need and I was always at 289 or 310mb

gasgeek

Nov 7, 2010
Visit site
For some reason was not experencing this at all I had about 20 apps a lot of them where from things like titanium backu to z4root and for some reason I was ignorant and kept a task manager and I always killed the stufff I didn't need and I was always at 289 or 310mb

I think you are referring to the RAM, which is different from ROM (the internal memory), My RAM is also in the 250plus numbers, If you go in settings and then SD and Internal storage, you should see how much internal memory (memory for installing apps) and that number is ridiculosly low number of 63.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
Some of the rom is taken up by the os. You will need to be patient. It might get partially fixed. (Don't ask I can't say more ;) )

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk

dishe

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
Some of the rom is taken up by the os. You will need to be patient. It might get partially fixed. (Don't ask I can't say more ;) )

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk

??

See, you can't say something like that and not expect people to ask.

What on earth are you talking about? A new storage space hack?? Gingerbread? WHAT?!

Giancarloaf

Nov 18, 2010
Visit site
For all the good little boys and girls the storage fairy comes and gives you a few megabytes.

I wish... Theres a tutorial somewhere here on AC for allowing total app install to SD card (with or without root). I haven't had enough free time to try it yet :p. I'll post a link later for those who can't find it.

I haven't seen too much complaining about this on the other optimus boards, anyone think this is this a sprint only issue?

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
For all the good little boys and girls the storage fairy comes and gives you a few megabytes.

I wish... Theres a tutorial somewhere here on AC for allowing total app install to SD card (with or without root). I haven't had enough free time to try it yet :p. I'll post a link later for those who can't find it.

I haven't seen too much complaining about this on the other optimus boards, anyone think this is this a sprint only issue?

No. The T has very limited storage too. Side effect of not being a high end phone.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2

blackwaterstout

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
I'm a first time android user. I've been wondering how many apps are too many to have installed? I've downlaoded what seems like a ton of apps. Some I've uninstalled but many remain. I've noticed a slight slowdown.

If I go to settings and look at phone storage it shows 16.5mb free. However if I play around with the phone for a while and then run advanced task killer it shows available memory 160mb. (I've seen this as low as 115mb). If I kill all active programs that imediately goes back up to 237mb. At that point even if I don't touch it many apps keep restarting and start chewing away at the memory again.

Why does one location show 16.5mb free while the other varies from 160-237?

beezy

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
I'm a first time android user. I've been wondering how many apps are too many to have installed? I've downlaoded what seems like a ton of apps. Some I've uninstalled but many remain. I've noticed a slight slowdown.

If I go to settings and look at phone storage it shows 16.5mb free. However if I play around with the phone for a while and then run advanced task killer it shows available memory 160mb. (I've seen this as low as 115mb). If I kill all active programs that imediately goes back up to 237mb. At that point even if I don't touch it many apps keep restarting and start chewing away at the memory again.

Why does one location show 16.5mb free while the other varies from 160-237?

I think your getting ram and rom space mixed up.First thing do away with a task killer.
Then download android system info it has great detail of memory size and ram.

blackwaterstout

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
I think your getting ram and rom space mixed up.First thing do away with a task killer.
Then download android system info it has great detail of memory size and ram.

Okay one is ram and the other is Rom. That makes more sense.

No task killer? I thought they were a good thing to have?

beezy

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
Okay one is ram and the other is Rom. That makes more sense.

No task killer? I thought they were a good thing to have?

If it was a phone that couldn't handle it like the eris then i would say go for it.In the devices they release now it does way more harm then good.When you kill a task and then it pops right back open your doing nothing but kill battery more.Just cause a app shows it's open doesn't mean it's eating any cpu.It takes more cpu/battery to reopen and sit there then it would to let it sit there idle.