Is green tape under battery compartment needed?

Iamnotanumber

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
I have two Optimus S phones. After I removed the cover, I found some green tape under the battery compartment. Is this needed?

I can't figure out if this something I should remove, or if it performs some minor function for the case or phone.

It looks like it was just used as part of the manufacturing process, but can't be sure.

Just curious if others have removed the tape near the battery.

Thanks.

Scott_L#AC

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
I've been wondering the same thing. I don't want anything in there decreasing signal strength, but figured it was probably there for a reason so I've left it. Though I really do trust KSmithInNY, can anyone answer for certain what this tape is for? Thanks.

Iamnotanumber

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
After looking at the design, I decided it was most likely used only during assembly. I figured leaving it there would only trap heat and it clearly wasn't insulating any electrical contacts since the back is made of plastic.

The sticker has a large tab which seems to be designed for removing it. My guess is that the plastic is used on the assembly line to avoid scratches to the metal base when it's installed into the case.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress