Spectrum - Likes - Dislikes?

mpk2001

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
I am looking to get a new phone, I have had the HTC Incredible and have been for the most part pretty happy with it. Looking to upgrade on Verizon. Which is the better phone -- the HTC Rezound or the LG Spectrum?

Aain

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
I haven't used the HTC Rezound, but I love the LG Spectrum's 4.5", IPS HD screen. I had the LG Revolution (1st Gen LTE), and this is much faster with the dual-core. It takes great photos and video, too.

The standard battery (on all LTE phones) does not last long enough, and the back is quite slippery. I have the 3000 mAH battery, and it's cover, and that lasts all day, and the cover provides a better texture. It IS thicker, but I like it so I have something to hold on to.

Good luck with whatever you choose.

Androidmomma

Jan 29, 2012
Visit site
I can't comment on the Spectrum but I currently am using the Rezound and I Love it. I had enough of my TB and decided to " rent" the rezound until I could exchange for a GN. Obviously I kept the rezound. The screen is beautiful. It's snappy and when 4G, it screams. Music and camera are my most wanted features so the rezound fit the bill and far exceeded my expectations. It will be receiving ICS soon and then it will be even more amazing. IMO this is the best 4G phone on Verizon. It is well suited for my needs. I also think it is highly underrated and global capable. You can get it for under a Benjamin. The battery blows but besides the Maxx you'll have that. I bought a powergen external / portable battery charger. This little gadget is a must have. $22 Amazon. Check it out. It's truly off the hook. I guess my point is I am loving the Rezound. Enough to wait for ICS, even after the previous TB gingerbread fiasco. Happy shopping. It's so fun getting new phones. Let us know what you decide.

liteon163

Mar 19, 2010
Visit site
I went from an AMOLED DROID Incredible to the LG Spectrum. It is a better phone in virtually every respect. The screen is awesome. Now, when I play with the old Incredible its screen looks so pixelated. The Spectrum is quicker at just about everything and it lasts longer when playing audio or video files.

The battery isn't quite as good, but if you turn 4G off it will last as long as a stock Incredible under similar usage.

I chose the Spectrum over the Rezound because after comparing them side-by-side, I preferred the look and feel of the LG. And the higher capacity battery really helped finalize my decision.

All I really had to do was replace the launcher -- LG Home sucks, but Launcher Pro is much better. One of these days I will try different launchers just to see how they compare.

As for development, CM9 will eventually make its way over to the Spectrum. Until it does, I'll keep it up to date with the promised ICS OTA update.

I'm glad I chose the Spectrum. I am completely happy with it.

Sent from my LG Spectrum using Tapatalk

Isaiah.Israel

Mar 12, 2012
Visit site
you should go on youtube and watch some spectrum vs rezound videos.

BTW GO launcher is by a long long distance the best launcher out there. I even spent 15 dollars on SPB Shell and Go launcher owns it. I can promise any one who has never tried GO that if you do and give it a week you'll be hooked. It has by far the most options and customization abilities. I tried every launcher I could and always went back to GO once I realised I was missing options I got used to having with GO.

Anyone who thinks there is a better launcher than GO is either a fanboy or aware of something I'm not. I tried as many as I could. And in my opinion something that has less options and is less powerful with less support and less abilities could not possibly be better.