My phone just spoke to me!

Mama2Many

May 2, 2013
Visit site
I was just looking around my phone to see what's new with my MM update that I got today. My phone said in an audible human voice "Your current Wi-Fi signal is unstable" How do I turn whatever this is off??? I can't find anything related in Settings.

Posted via the Android Central App

Tim1954

Q&A Team
Jan 17, 2016
Visit site
Lucky it didn't say "I WANT YOU TO BUILD AN ARK!!!"... try seeing if S-voice is on, look in notifications maybe...😄

Mama2Many

May 2, 2013
Visit site
No third party app. I have been through every setting a zillion times. I cannot figure out where that voice came from. It hasn't done it again...which is a good thing. It freaked me out! LOL

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
... That would have made me pee myself. That's good that your phone stopped talking to you... Can you imagine if it did that late at night?!

Adam Frix

Nov 29, 2015
Visit site
Perhaps you're just going crazy... :p

not to be confused with Doug Stanhope, whose friends tell him that his drinking is what cause him to be so successful on stage--"it's like having your doctor tell you that not only are the voices in your head real, but they're accurate, too".

mbryanr

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
The spirit has moved to my phone. Telling me what I could do with my phone. Very strange. Did notice that "Google" settings was in the notification screen, and unable to clear...

Posted from my LG V10 (VS990)

Mama2Many

May 2, 2013
Visit site
The spirit has moved to my phone. Telling me what I could do with my phone. Very strange. Did notice that "Google" settings was in the notification screen, and unable to clear...

Posted from my LG V10 (VS990)

Was it just the one time? My phone has not repeated that creepy behavior.

kramer5150

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
Rogue, background running carrier bloat perhaps?
What carrier are you on? if its Verizon, they use go90 as a backdoor into your phone and their way to install unwanted crap onto your device. I suspect their thinkFree bloat is there for the same reasons. These should be deactivated immediately.

Years ago I had an LG qwerty type phone that was ALWAYS talking, asking me to install this and that Verizon bloat. Freaking 3:00 AM and my phone is TALKING to me from across the room and playing commercial ads !! Un-nerving to say the least. It was all over the Verizon support forums, people were well into their 2 year contracts, and the adds would only appear past the 14 day trial and into the second billing cycle . Attorneys and class-action consumer lawsuits were involved. Eventually Verizon was forced to release a firmware version update.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non