Nova Launcher and V20

May 29, 2014
Visit site
So I use Nova launcher and everything works as expected except for the double tap to turn off. Since Nova is replacing the double tap feature of the default launcher, you have to turn on the double tap gesture in Nova and associate it with screen off.

When you use it the first time it asks if you want to lock the screen or dim. If you choose lock, then you can't use the fingerprint scanner when turning back on. Standard Android M and N stuff. So, of course I pick dim. Now on other phones (samsung), it will override your screen timeout setting and only dim the screen for 5 seconds before locking. On my V20, it waits the full 1 minute leaving the screen on and dimmed before locking. Anyone else seeing this or know of a fix? I've reported it in the Nova forum but no answer.

BigRalphN

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
So I use Nova launcher and everything works as expected except for the double tap to turn off. Since Nova is replacing the double tap feature of the default launcher, you have to turn on the double tap gesture in Nova and associate it with screen off.

When you use it the first time it asks if you want to lock the screen or dim. If you choose lock, then you can't use the fingerprint scanner when turning back on. Standard Android M and N stuff. So, of course I pick dim. Now on other phones (samsung), it will override your screen timeout setting and only dim the screen for 5 seconds before locking. On my V20, it waits the full 1 minute leaving the screen on and dimmed before locking. Anyone else seeing this or know of a fix? I've reported it in the Nova forum but no answer.
Are you on the latest Beta? That might fix some things (might not also), You do realize the as long as the notification bar is on you can double tap that anytime for screen off regardless of what you have Nova set for?

mholdr

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
I just set Nova double tap to lock screen and the fingerprint reader still works for me....and double tap still wakes it up as well.

Dhawk1202

Nov 14, 2014
Visit site
I'm with you. I'm on the latest Beta and mine waits pretty close to a minute instead of the 5 seconds it should. I have not found a fix to this yet. I had this set up perfectly on my Note 7 but it's wonky so far with the v20.

jsk0703

Sep 17, 2016
Visit site
I've had similar experience with both Nova and Action Launcher 3. Great launchers in their own way but I can't get double tap and fingerprints working together.

mholdr

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
one thing I can't find in Nova is the stock LG clock - had to download the Google clock which I don't like - app doesn't show live time, its just static.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
one thing I can't find in Nova is the stock LG clock - had to download the Google clock which I don't like - app doesn't show live time, its just static.

The clock does not go away by installing Nova import all the icons from the import settings and everything should be as you had it

mholdr

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
The clock does not go away by installing Nova import all the icons from the import settings and everything should be as you had it

well here's the issue --- I used a Nova backup from my S7 Edge....so obviously the stock V20 clock won't be there :( everything else is fine -- but any idea how to get it back? I mean it IS on the 2nd screen but I'd like it on the main display and it's not in the app drawer but IS in the application manager.

Last edited:

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site

Does the tap to wake the screen still work? Oops I see that was answered later.

strikeIII

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
I use Nova on my V20 and double tap to wake works fine. I never set anything up for the double tap through Nova and my fingerprint reader works fine.

Try to disable Administrative access for Nova and the Fingerprint scanner should work again.

sswitzer

Feb 18, 2013
Visit site
I can't try this on the v20 (next month?) but on my g4 I use the "screen off and lock" app combined with a Nova double tap gesture.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
well here's the issue --- I used a Nova backup from my S7 Edge....so obviously the stock V20 clock won't be there :( everything else is fine -- but any idea how to get it back? I mean it IS on the 2nd screen but I'd like it on the main display and it's not in the app drawer but IS in the application manager.

You could import the LG home screen but then you would a lot of the Nova shortcuts.

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
Double tap works fine to wake the phone for me. I have a double-tap Nova gesture to take me to the app drawer. I'm able to double-tap on the status bar to put the phone back to sleep.

It all works well. The FPS doesn't seem to be affected that I've noticed.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site

I'm trying to figure out why it wouldn't be in the app drawer. Are you able to launch it from anywhere?

mholdr

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
I'm trying to figure out why it wouldn't be in the app drawer. Are you able to launch it from anywhere?

it IS on the 2nd screen and WILL launch from there --- weird it's not in the app drawer.....is it there for you?

(thanks for any help with this)

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
it IS on the 2nd screen and WILL launch from there --- weird it's not in the app drawer.....is it there for you?

(thanks for any help with this)

Yes....I wonder if you use it enough times that it will show up in Nova app drawer favorites

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress