LG Viper roms?

brandonabandon

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
I have thoroughly researched the internet and attempted at the 2 active roms available for the viper. i was able to install the superviper rom. It was extremely laggy at home screen and apps menu. Settings screen operating normal. This rom is a gb stock mock? I know it installed, i checked the model-superviper,and dif boot screen also. unable to locate the original superviper thread. running twrp 2.3.2.3, i think it was somehow modded for viper. The twrc irc was not helpful, "build a kernal" are you kidding me? Anyways, i seen the latest update was 6 months ago, seeing as how i own my viper now, where the rom status is? I have my own tools (laptop)win7. I am willing to test and learn code if necessary. lack of communication in all forum posts. Nobody reports errors, or finalities. I know you viper guys n gals communicate elsewise, but it leaves outsiders clueless. Overall it seems as if nobody has the time or patience to accomplish this task, so im taking a vow that this will happen for us. Any tips or guidance would be appreciated. Looks like i convinced myself to take twrc irc's advice afterall. Thanks to dannyman for the superviper rom, with all due respect. And thanks to dees_troy at twrc for listening.

Last edited by a moderator:

thenameisnigel

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
Re: lg viper roms?

Yeah SuperViper is a modded stock ROM. No developers found an interest in supporting the Viper, noting the lack of support from LGE.

Also, this is where the Viper users communicate. There are just few users now.

brandonabandon

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site

Noted^ since my post, more research, and d'ls. mac unable to read ubuntu burnt iso. Got the unarchiver. Now with desktop access not sure how to install. Ubuntu 12-mac 10.6. Got sdk and refit also, i need to install ubuntu first? Maybe virtualbox?

anon(963605)

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site

I have a perfect version of Linux installed, and I'm actually running it right now, I have all the CyanogenMod github repos synced, anything I could do to help?

brandonabandon

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site

Dont wanna wipe mac out, boot to linux "says" alongside then has same options to wipe disk or partition, no alongside actual option. Maybe chainload grub sounds right. Got snow leopard. 2,1 Will research.

anon(963605)

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site

Shrink your iOSx partition then make another one and install Linux to that and don't forget to make about 8gb of swap space and make your linux partition mount point /

brandonabandon

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site

will installing ubuntu to virtualbox erase all mac data? Option says erase disk. First installation window reads alongside, but no option?? Any suggestions?

brandonabandon

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site

Stuck at partition step. Bootcamp says i need to update still after updateing. 3.0. Disk utility says the partition is startup disk cannot be erased and terminal starts process....at 30% stops, unable to resize, i tried various sizes. If i install ubuntu to virtualbox will all mac data be erased. Installation prompts erase disc. Will this wipe mac?

Dannyman3819

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site

Agreed, and actually. Where the heck did Dannyman go?

Hey Im still here I check the forums off and on but i gave my viper to my sister and i got a gnex. Also Im in college now and ive had my win8 computer for about a month and i seriously cant get linux to boot. So after i get everything setup I might take another look at it.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Dannyman3819

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site

But the only thing ive been able to successfully build from source is the zvd kernel(gingerbread)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

brandonabandon

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site

Maybe ive mistaken the context of alongside. Trying to install ubuntu to virtualbox on a mac. If i install it with erase disk option, potentially wiping mac, would virtualbox be the new boot option? seems unlikely. i cant risk it until i find more info.

brandonabandon

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site

got confirmation, after 7 frozen install attempt, install 8 frozr at restart window. Reboot ubuntu to kernal panic? Reboot to installation screen. Ugh. More fun research to be had.

dark_mirage

Aug 9, 2012
Visit site

Shrink your iOSx partition then make another one and install Linux to that and don't forget to make about 8gb of swap space and make your linux partition mount point /

Lolwut? 8gb? Do you only have 256mb of actual ram or something? Lololol, Ubuntu users never cease to entertain me.

Sent from my XT926 using Tapatalk 2

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87