tech_head

Q&A Team
Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
Ok, i finally installed DP3 and so far, i like it. The only issue i have is to find those wearable apps to extract and download. So far, i was only able to extract the wearable app found Hangout and Messenger. I am in need of finding the Ghostracer one but i was not able to extract it from the phone APK.. Would anyone here have a clue where to download it?

Hi,

I was using DP3.
My watch died. It stopped charging for some hardware issue.
LG has had it since Friday and they are repairing it. Waiting for completion and shipping.

sirrelevant

Sep 6, 2016
Visit site
You can assign the two buttons on the watch.
Settings -> Personal -> Customize Hardware Buttons.
You can assign from the list of installed applications (Agenda, Alarm, Calling Setup, Contacts, Find My Phone........)

I have the top button assigned to agenda and the bottom assigned to weather.

Another button question - Do the shortcuts work all the time, or only at a watch face?

With the zen 3, they work when the watch is in ambient mode or a watch face. They don't work in a menu or when an app is running.

If they *don't* work in an app, that gives us hope google can or will add button support to make them usable by an app.

Runningwarrior08

May 23, 2010
Visit site
Another button question - Do the shortcuts work all the time, or only at a watch face?

With the zen 3, they work when the watch is in ambient mode or a watch face. They don't work in a menu or when an app is running.

If they *don't* work in an app, that gives us hope google can or will add button support to make them usable by an app.

They do not work in app.

miroul

Apr 13, 2016
Visit site
Hey Techhead,

So, i've been running on DP3 for almost a month now and i love it. I have all my important apps installed (either from the watch Play store of from adb sideloading) and it runs smoothly. I do get blank screen issues at times when using it with Watchmaker watchfaces but it never last and the screen gets back to normal after 30 seconds or so. I also have an issue where if i ask it to send a text message to one of my contacts using google voice, it recognizes the command, shows the text on the screen but quits after that and brings me back to the watchface... That's a drag but i can still use google voice for other stuff and get it to work fine.

So, all in all, i am pretty happy with it and particularly since i can use the new keyboard and hand-writing methods to reply to sms, mails and other social networks.

I would recommend it for anyone a bit technically inclined and ready to experiment. The installation is fairly easy but you need to be patient and take the time to follow instructions.

Can't wait till the full AW 2.0 comes out!

widezu69

Dec 2, 2016
Visit site
Does DP3 have the ability to change APN? Also is the preview image limited to a specific model? For example the AT&T version vs the Verizon or European version?

Edit: Also has anyone managed to get Fit to work on DP3 or perhaps another fitness app?

Last edited:

miroul

Apr 13, 2016
Visit site
-Google Fit works fine if you download the version available on the Play Store of the DP3 image. It's a new version, very sleek and sexy.

-The APN is not something you can edit from the watch connectivity menu. Seems it is pushed from the cellular network (in my case at least..)

-The image available works fine on my Canadian Videotron network. I think it is optimized for North American cellular networks so if you are based in Europe of Asia, i would advise you to validate if it will work fine with your watch by doing a bit more research.

I still run DP3 on my watch. I have found small bugs that are more an annoyance than anything else but it was to be expected. Here's what i have found so far:

-The watch is super fast 95% of the time but, sometimes, it will become a bit sluggish when accessing the app menu. A reboot fixes this.

-Long Clicking on the crown gives you access to Google Voice. It works good for most commands but... I can't seem to be able to use it for text or voice calls. That's the only time it does not work. If i get a text and reply using my voice, it works great. If i try to send a text from Messenger directly and dictate the content, it works well also..

- When using Ghostracer, if i end my activity and try to save it, the screen goes blank for a few seconds and then come back. The activity is recorded and saved, so it appears to only be a display issue, nothing more.

-When downloading new Watchmaker watchfaces sometimes the screen will go blank for a few seconds and then come back to life with the new watchfaces working fine..

-When selecting the weather app in the app menu, the app does not load and times out. If it try to use the Google Now app in order to find out about weather, it works like a charm...

-I miss Google Maps.. I tried installing it using ADB but it failed.

That's it. So, overall, it's just minor things and i am very happy on a daily basis. The fact that i can use the new Google keyboard or screen letter writing method to answer all my text, emails and social network chats is really the main reason i got it on my watch and i could live without it now.

VictorXIbarra

Dec 8, 2016
Visit site
Hey everyone.
So yesterday I had the brilliant idea of disabling the permission for ambient screen on wear 2.0 for the watch urbane lte (at&t.)
As a result, the screen flickers and the only operational things I can do is access an assistant (that's not ok google), turn off the device by holding the power button till it resets and that's about it.
I've been trying to access the bootloader and/or recovery but none seem to be working. Unless I don't know what buttons I must manually press.
In any case, support is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

mdw1995

Nov 17, 2015
Visit site
Do you still have to install apps manually? And does security now work?
I haven't installed it but sounds like you won't need to sideload.....

"Compatibility with Android Wear 1.0 apps

Android Wear apps packaged using the legacy embedded app mechanism can now be delivered to Android Wear 2.0 watches. When a user installs a phone app that also contains an embedded Android Wear app, the user will be prompted to install the embedded app via a notification. If they choose not to install the embedded app at that moment, they can find it in the Play Store on Android Wear under a special section called "Apps you've used"."

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I thought that's what it was saying when I was reading it, but I wanted to make sure before switching back. Thanks. Hopefully the security is working this time around.

glenner05

Mar 14, 2015
Visit site
How is preview 4 as for daily driver? All stable? And what about battery consumption? And when 'play phone sound' disabled on the watch, does the watch still ring when getting called on the phone?

tech_head

Q&A Team
Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
Phone stuck. "Checking for Updates" - Solved

Needed to reinstall Android Wear on phone and wipe the cache and data.
Go through the prompts again.

Last edited:

miroul

Apr 13, 2016
Visit site
Hmm interesting.. I'm tempted to try this. I have DP3 working on mine (with apps sideloaded). Also interested in knowing how good this update is compared to DP3 (which i found pretty usable besides a few minor bugs).

miroul

Apr 13, 2016
Visit site
Ok, i just installed DP4 on my watch and it was a breeze...Love to have that swipe action back and the capability of using the Android Wear 1.0 apps again without the need to sideload them! I have not tested thoroughly yet but i plan on doing it starting this afternoon. In the meantime, i'm messing around with with Samsung Gear S2 Classic 3g i got last week for a cheap price.

miroul

Apr 13, 2016
Visit site
Ok, today will be my first full day with DP4 running on the LG Urbane LTE. I'll report tomorrow how it went. I did play with it quite a bit yesterday and so far, i have not seen any bugs besides the screen refresh at times (screen goes dark when touched in always on sleep mode and then comes back to life). I made a few calls that sounded loud and great, sent a few sms using google voice in both French and English, replied to hang out and ebay messages using voice, used google play music remotely with my phone amd that was all smooth amd working great.

miroul

Apr 13, 2016
Visit site
Ok, my entire day with DP4 was a mixed bag yesterday. Performance is great, menus are speedy and cards interaction pretty smooth overall. Everything works but i do get the dark screen every now and then when waking up the screen with my finger. Battery life has also been a bit weak compared to DP3. I now get around 12 hours of moderate usage and i was getting a solid 16-19 hours before, on DP3. This is with the screen in always on mode.

Axxxxel

Nov 30, 2016
Visit site
Hi miroul,
interresting to read that you seem to have the same dark screen problem as I have.
Since experimenting with AW2 DP's I'm realizing a bug when changing from dim to bright screen. Do you have a clue where this problem comes from?
Even after a clean install the problem exists.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty