Does the SD card recognition seem flakey to anyone else?

sabbys

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
This would happen to me a lot before the sp 1.1 upgrade so I did not try to trouble shoot it then. But now after the update it is still happening. Every second or third restart of my phone I will have 2-3 apps that are "missing". In application manager they have the greyed out market icon and say com.company.app.blah.blah instead of the program name. Now sometimes I cannot remember what com.company.app.blah.blah was so I have to google it to see whick apk I need to reinstall.

That is annoying. Is this just a "feature" of android generally? Or froyo? Or is this really unusually flakey? Do others have this?

sabby

Relgoshan

May 16, 2011
Visit site
Is it related to apps you moved to SD while rooted? I have had zero trouble so far. I suppose you could plug into PC and deep scan for bad sectors.

Cloud_9

May 10, 2011
Visit site
Is it related to apps you moved to SD while rooted? I have had zero trouble so far. I suppose you could plug into PC and deep scan for bad sectors.
Bro,
Just an advise, better use SD Card with bigger Class, especially Class 6 if you want to perform app2sd..
in my old phone, at the beginning I was experience this then I replaced the SD Card from Class 2 to Class 6, never happened again..

Relgoshan

May 16, 2011
Visit site
I haven't even rooted this phone, but the topic has come up before. It usually came back to bad SD or moving the wrong apps to SD.