A few days in, how does everyone like their X?

despite707

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
Went from a gnex on Verizon to the gs4 for 11 days. Was so tired of touchwhiz by then that I jumped at the chance to get the moto x when it came out. I couldn't be happier. I was pretty shocked to see that it was smaller then the gnex. As far as software features go, I think everything moto has included in the x fully compliment stock android. There's no lag and everything seems to just work which is something I couldn't say about the gs4. The moto x is basically the opposite of the gs4. Its usable with one hand. The software is relatively close to stock or at least appears that way and the software "gimmicks" feel like they have been fine tuned to actually be usable and useful not just thrown together with a million other things to make a features list look better.

anon(11078)

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Went from a gnex on Verizon to the gs4 for 11 days. Was so tired of touchwhiz by then that I jumped at the chance to get the moto x when it came out. I couldn't be happier. I was pretty shocked to see that it was smaller then the gnex. As far as software features go, I think everything moto has included in the x fully compliment stock android. There's no lag and everything seems to just work which is something I couldn't say about the gs4. The moto x is basically the opposite of the gs4. Its usable with one hand. The software is relatively close to stock or at least appears that way and the software "gimmicks" feel like they have been fine tuned to actually be usable and useful not just thrown together with a million other things to make a features list look better.

I've been using an S3 for a year. Touchwiz annoyed me and my relationship with it got worse, not better, over time. Stock, or near stock in this case, seems to be much more natural in comparison.

This phone is almost the anti-Galaxy. Simple, uncluttered, and subtle.

Posted via Android Central App

xXxMVPete

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
I love my Moto X. I just got it yesterday and it's been great.

The only thing is that I noticed it rebooted itself (twice). Yesterday it was fine all day, I went to sleep and when I woke up, I noticed that BBS said it had only been on for an hour since it's last boot. And then it rebooted again about twenty minutes later. I have no idea why this happened and it's something I'll have to keep an eye on. Has anyone else experienced this?

thegrants82

Banned
May 8, 2013
Visit site
I love my Moto X. I just got it yesterday and it's been great.

The only thing is that I noticed it rebooted itself (twice). Yesterday it was fine all day, I went to sleep and when I woke up, I noticed that BBS said it had only been on for an hour since it's last boot. And then it rebooted again about twenty minutes later. I have no idea why this happened and it's something I'll have to keep an eye on. Has anyone else experienced this?

Haven't had that happen but its only my third day. Try a factory restore. I did that right out of the box like with any new phone.

rjg418

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
Does anyone know how to shut off the voice activation.. She keeps telling me every time I have a text message. I've tried everything. I can't seem to find this setting. I have the moto x..

chr1sny

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I think you should at least wait and see if a software update can enhance/improve the shortcomings of the camera before completely writing it off. I will be waiting and see if moto can improve on what they have or if it is just another poor motorola camera.

Has Motorola ever done this? Seems like DROID bionic owners are still waiting for that camera fixing software update. If it happens and does improve the camera I'll be putting my one up for sale on eBay hehe.

thegrants82

Banned
May 8, 2013
Visit site
Has Motorola ever done this? Seems like DROID bionic owners are still waiting for that camera fixing software update. If it happens and does improve the camera I'll be putting my one up for sale on eBay hehe.

No. The camera is actually not that bad but new Motorola owners always keep hope that an update will be issued. In my opinion we will never see it happen.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site

They have some minor improvements but if it was hardware related like the old moto cameras that's probably why nothing has been fixed. This is a new type of camera so only time will tell

- - - Updated - - -

They have some minor improvements but if it was hardware related like the old moto cameras that's probably why nothing has been fixed. This is a new type of camera so only time will tell

thegrants82

Banned
May 8, 2013
Visit site
Just don't get your hopes up. If the camera as it sits right now doesn't suit your needs then get something else. You will be let down if you wait on Motorola for anything camera related.

Trojann2

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
I love this phone and the camera works great for my needs.

I'm at work and can't have my phone with me, went out to check on it: 5 hours of idle time and it's at 96%.

That's amazing. My S4 was normally in the low 80s by now.

snookasnoo

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Just don't get your hopes up. If the camera as it sits right now doesn't suit your needs then get something else. You will be let down if you wait on Motorola for anything camera related.

This isn't the old Motorola so I would not assume anything. Their entire management has been replaced by Googlers down to Director level.

- - - Updated - - -

Am I the only one on AC who thinks phrases like "incredibly important" and smartphone camera don't belong together?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Yes.

snookasnoo

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Thank you for this link. This was and is very educating on motos choices for doing things.

AnandTech | Moto X Review

This Is awesome to see how the moto is in the running with all quad core performances. Interesting how the extra cores in s4 bring down cpu frequency in first 2 cores lowering the ceiling on achievable speeds while the moto maintains a 1.7 reading because it's only using 2 cores.

Very few apps and OS functions use more than one or two cores and all the quad core phones throttle heavily for heat reasons. Quad core is a spec sheet feature rather than anything really useful.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87