Screen Replacement?

RevG

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
Hoping someone here can offer some help....

Scratched my screen with one, looooong annoying scratch, but display works just fine. Would like to replace the screen - finding them online for about $20. However, breakdowns online seem to indicate that the digitizer is glued to the front screen...which means a $200 replacement instead of $20.

Can anyone tell me whether this is correct or not? I'd love to replace the front screen if I can....otherwise I'll live with it.

Many thanks! :)

howdydoesit

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site
I'm on Sprint...

Well, you could try this although YMMV.

I totally didn't do this, but someone scratched the crap out of their phone from dropping it and called their carrier saying that they were having hardware issues. This was before the update that fixed the phone call issues, so I don't know if it would still work, but the carrier said it must be a microphone issue. That person was sent a nice clean refurb, that was actually in better condition than his original unit ever was. Free of charge.

That person's carrier was not sprint. Might be worth a shot for you.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

Kalifornia

Dude
Aug 15, 2010
Visit site
Did you order through Motomaker? If so call up Motorola and let them know. Not saying they can do anything and not sure how long you've had your phone but I noticed some light scratches on mine after less than a few weeks of having it (but more than 14 days) and called to ask if this was normal. They actually offered to replace my phone for me...I was shocked as I had assumed I would get the old, "thanks but you're beyond the 14 days so there's nothing we can do" response.

They appear to really want to gain a strong customer support reputation from a few similar experiences I have also read so it couldn't hurt. Again, I was asked a number of times if I customized my phone on Motomaker so that may be a requirement. I'm guessing they need to confirm you in their system first.