I got my Moto X Pure Edition! (First Impressions and User Reviews)

Samsung.Galaxy.S3

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Re: I got my Moto X Pure Edition! (First Impressions)

What I want to know about this phone is its call quality (its purpose is a phone, first). For those who have it and have been on a call, how is it? Give us the good, the bad, and the ugly (apply where applicable). :D

wkm001

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site

I was not able to activate my phone on Verizon today. I'm really disappointed! I called Motorola and they said it was a known issue and I had to wait. I requested an RMA number. What else could I do?

Posted via the Android Central App

trenchkato

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site

BTW, pretty sure I read somewhere that there is a setting somewhere so you turn of the Carrier name in the notification bar.

I have T-Mobile and don't have the carrier name in the status bar

Michael Tung

Apr 19, 2014
Visit site

I'm pretty much in the same boat as you. Been on the Note 4 since it was first available, but am now wanting to try "stock". I agree with you in regards to loving the Note 4 screen, but I can't see where it would be so much of a difference that I couldn't live with it. I went ahead and ordered one last night and I can't wait to get this thing in hand. It's supposed to be here on Sept. 16th!!!

Ohh! I'll definitely be pm'ing you for some reviews on your switch! Lemme know how it goes! :)

eak1570

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site

Mobiletechreview said view angle is not very good..Is that really not good?

GeordieAffy

Aug 27, 2015
Visit site

Well depends if you use it at angles or not. Doesnt bother me as whenever I have my phone I always view it head on.

Sent from S3 via Tapatalk App.

Clocks

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site

I can read your post all the way to near 90 degrees when the letters all blur together because they are so close together. Same from the top/bottom.

whymista

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site

I have T-Mobile and don't have the carrier name in the status bar

I have t mobile and I have the carrier label showing when I unlock it so if if you find out how to remove it before someone gets root post it please

Yut Kill

whymista

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site

I have had mine for about half a day coming from a note 4. So far so good. The screen is much brighter than my note and I personally like the screen better. Can't really say anything about battery life yet. It definitely has a nice feel to it and although it's not as premium as the new notes or iphones I like it. I believe I had 7.7gb available when I turned it on

Yut Kill

jephanie

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
Re: Moto X Pure Edition impressions

I haven't done a 100-0% bleed yet but based on my usage patterns (Facebook, Tapatalk, YouTube, a little gaming, texting, etc.), I'd estimate my average SOT to be about 4 hours.

I charged it fully last night, used it for about 25 minutes and left it on the night table. Overnight drain was ~1% per hour.

I ran it down to 80% this morning and plugged it in the turbocharger. ETA to a full charge was 17 minutes.

Oh, and I continuously have to keep the brightness down around 20-25% indoors because the screen is so bright. It's another cloudy day today so no chance of seeing how good the screen is on a sunny day here.

Another additional note (reminded by a video review I watched last night) is that, like with the 2014 X, I have to relearn how to cradle this version. The bezels are SO thin that it's easy for you to accidentally cause unintended actions on the screen. I've launched Google Now or a couple of apps/widgets on accident more than a few times already.

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site

I haven't done a 100-0% bleed yet but based on my usage patterns (Facebook, Tapatalk, YouTube, a little gaming, texting, etc.), I'd estimate my average SOT to be about 4 hours.

I charged it fully last night, used it for about 25 minutes and left it on the night table. Overnight drain was ~1% per hour.

I ran it down to 80% this morning and plugged it in the turbocharger. ETA to a full charge was 17 minutes.

Oh, and I continuously have to keep the brightness down around 20-25% indoors because the screen is so bright. It's another cloudy day today so no chance of seeing how good the screen is on a sunny day here.

Another additional note (reminded by a video review I watched last night) is that, like with the 2014 X, I have to relearn how to cradle this version. The bezels are SO thin that it's easy for you to accidentally cause unintended actions on the screen. I've launched Google Now or a couple of apps/widgets on accident more than a few times already.

What device did you come from? Based on your usage so far, any regrets on swapping? I have the G4 but going to keep it, just in case the battery doesn't suit my usage needs.

jephanie

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site

What device did you come from? Based on your usage so far, any regrets on swapping? I have the G4 but going to keep it, just in case the battery doesn't suit my usage needs.

I started with the OG X. Loved it so much, I bought a 2nd one to use as a "warranty" phone. Upgraded to the 2014 X and sold one of the OG's to a family member. Busted my 2014 X a few weeks ago due to some stupidity so I've been using the "warranty" OG X.

Regrets? None whatsoever. I love the Moto UX philosophy and love the design philosophy very, very much. I can't wait to get the permanent XPE with the bamboo back (which I miss greatly for the time being).

andy a

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site

That's great to know that the screen is really bright as I have to have a phone with a bright screen so that sounds promising, my Xperia Z3 is bright and I have that set to around 75% for normal use and if you say your sot is 4 hours I could cope with that but 3 hours wouldn't be good enough so I hope the battery settles in and performs well :)

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site