how many people are using glass screen protectors?

lgbalfa

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
i have never used one but am considering getting one for this phone.

they are going for about $9 / shipped from china on ebay.

huungryshark

Jan 14, 2014
Visit site
i have never used one but am considering getting one for this phone.

they are going for about $9 / shipped from china on ebay.

never used one. also don't do cases, they make phones look ugly.

the play has gorilla glass , no need for protection anyway

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I bought a two pack from amazon for $8 I think. It doesn't have the cutout for the front flash so it slightly de laminated on that corner .

Soundtallica

Dec 4, 2015
Visit site
Using this one: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU5469961

It's alright. Obviously a cheap Chinese brand as the box was covered in Chinese characters, but at least it was designed to fit the Z Play. Like every other Moto Z screen protector out there though, it doesn't cover the whole front face, just enough to get the screen and wrap around the fingerprint sensor and earpiece.

Is there anyone out there that makes a full face Z glass screen protector?? I understand it's hard due to the glass curving at the edges, but it's not like we're dealing with an S7 Edge or Note 7 here.

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Using this one: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU5470121

It's alright. Obviously a cheap Chinese brand as the box was covered in Chinese characters, but at least it was designed to fit the Z Play. Like every other Moto Z screen protector out there though, it doesn't cover the whole front face, just enough to get the screen and wrap around the fingerprint sensor and earpiece.

Is there anyone out there that makes a full face Z glass screen protector?? I understand it's hard due to the glass curving at the edges, but it's not like we're dealing with an S7 Edge or Note 7 here.

Verizon's tempered glass protector for the Z Force covers edge to edge. From what I've seen, sensor locations on the face are the same for the Play and the Force.

Soundtallica

Dec 4, 2015
Visit site
Verizon's tempered glass protector for the Z Force covers edge to edge. From what I've seen, sensor locations on the face are the same for the Play and the Force.

Good to know. However, I'm NOT paying the $25 that Verizon charges for their screen protectors when I got the one that I have now for $7.

Clocks

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
The Mr. Shield Z Force covers edge to edge but has a halo around the outside. It's what I have installed currently.

1901Madison

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
Using the Zagg screen protector. I'm not a huge fan of the look and feel of a tempered glass, but even gorilla glass can scratch and that's not replaceable whereas a screen protector is.

Eric Xu1

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
Skinomi is making one for the Moto Z Play. Just got a response via email. I use Skinomi on all my devices, lifetime warranty, and the glass is great.

lgbalfa

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
this is the first time i am using a tempered glass screen protector.

i thought it wouldn't like it but it really doesn't bother me.

jackwish

Oct 28, 2016
Visit site
Almost all cases, the phone landed on the ground (direct onto the face), once the screen protector cracked, and the whole screen including the actual display failed when the phone was dropped.
Why? Let us see, how the screen protector protect the phone.
A glass protector will spread the impact force onto a much larger area. This act can protect the top glass of the screen protect itself. And both the top glass on your screen and the screen protector have a thin layer of "glue", which acts like a shock absorber. So unless an impact goes deep enough so the pressure on the actual screen is too much only the protector should fail, once the protector failed, the screen would crack directly.

The other cases, the phone landed on the ground (direct onto the edge of screen protector). In these case, the glass protector failed easily under a little gentle shock.
So when we saw a glass protector cracked under a gentle drop without screen shattering, which did not mean glass protector protected our phone well. It mean the truth that glass protector is fragile, it is too easy to crack.
Why is it so easy to crack when shocked on the edge of a glass protector?
For it can’t spread the impact force onto a much larger area. So it just crack on the edge. Then the whole protector will crack after the edge cracking.
That’s the reason for glass screen protectors need to be replaced every time you drop the phone.