Turning off 4G on the Maxx?

CRitter

May 26, 2011
Visit site
I searched and wasn't able to find an answer that works. Has anyone figured out how to reliably turn off 4G LTE on the newest Droid Maxx? My older version it was simple, but my new phone they have removed that option. Tried the Dial *#*#4636#*#* trick and it doesn't seem to do anything. Tried 4G on/off for Thunderbolt and doesn't show the option to turn off 4G. Help?

TIA

atlas9171

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
It works on phones that aren't rooted. Currently use it on my phone, works fine.

Sent from my XT1080 using AC Forums mobile app

jfriend33

Oct 10, 2010
Visit site
Use app lteoffon. But it won't hold after a reboot. And fyi I've tested battery life and there's no improvement running 3G only...

Sent from my unlocked consumer edition Motorola Droid Maxx xt1080m.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
Use app lteoffon. But it won't hold after a reboot. And fyi I've tested battery life and there's no improvement running 3G only... .

Maybe for you, but I live in a place with a weak signal, and it constantly switches between LTE and 3G. Would switching off LTE help in an area like that?

jfriend33

Oct 10, 2010
Visit site
Maybe for you, but I live in a place with a weak signal, and it constantly switches between LTE and 3G. Would switching off LTE help in an area like that?

That would all depend. Are you connected to wifi? If so I'd let it go. If not, I guess I'd use GravityBox smart radio and set 3G to default so a reboot doesn't affect it.

Sent from my unlocked consumer edition Motorola Droid Maxx xt1080m.