Removing Apps and Widgets

bluwtr49

Feb 20, 2012
Visit site
Hi, couple more questions on my new Maxx.

On the home screen there is a widget for time/temp/etc that is taking up a lot of screen room I would rather use for other apps and can not seem to remove it.

Same question with a couple of other apps I put on the home screen. When I do a prolong press the "remove" bar show up but as soon as I try to touch it a Google voice search bar opens and interferes with the the remove command. I would like to have the Google search bar gone also but can/t seem to make that happen.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
When you long press the icon or widget you want to remove from the homescreen, are you removing your finger before trying to move it to the Remove area? You should be pressing and holding the widget, then without lifting the finger, dragging it to the Remove area.

The Google Search bar is not removable unless you install an alternative launcher like Nova, or unless you root the phone.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
When you properly drag to the remove area you will see a definitive red background - when you see red, you can release the drag and it will delete (or ask to delete - I can't recall which.) I generally find that dragging to the center of the remove area works best.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress