Questions about purchasing the DROID TURBO from Verizon? Ask here!

vzwuser76

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Re: Those who want to purchase the Turbo and have questions, Ask me

Same questions as well, and also thanks for taking the time to answer these questions.

Jan 13, 2014
Visit site

Does the ballistic nylon have the Verizon logo on the back?

Posted via the Android Central App

maxman1

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site

Does the ballistic nylon have the Verizon logo on the back?

Not Joe but the one I handled today did not. IIRC, just a nice "Droid" badge on the 32MB & (I think) that, plus a "64GB" addition on the special edition.

Joe the Insider

Trusted Member
Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

So here's my situation:

I'm on a solo plan Loyalty Plan for $60 per month. I upgraded to an S5 in April of 2014 on a 2 year contract. If I go in tomorrow I can use Edge and get the $60 a month Edge plan even though I'm under contract? So my bill would then include a $27 per month or so charge for the Droid? I assume I'd have to trade in my S5 or is that not true since I'm new to Edge?

Credits not an issue and I've been a Verizon customer since 2008 and never missed a payment.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

If you qualify for Edge which you do meet the guidelines, You would have to give in your currect phone and yes it would add $27/month to your bill. The only way you don't have to trade in your phone for edge is if you are out of contract.

Early Edge= Customers are currently under contact, But can trade in their current phone and sign up for edge. (The promo has to be an option on your account. (late payments, bad credit) will make that disappear.

Edge= Customers are currently out of contract and can sign up immediately and you do not have to give in a phone to sign up. Same rules apply that you have to pas credit and not have a ton of late payments.

Joe the Insider

Trusted Member
Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

Not Joe but the one I handled today did not. IIRC, just a nice "Droid" badge on the 32MB & (I think) that, plus a "64GB" addition on the special edition.

Only the Metalized Backs have the Logo, The Ballistic Nylon does not. Only Droid will show up on the BN.

Joe the Insider

Trusted Member
Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

Hmm does that just mean no current past due balance?

Thanks for all your help and information!

Past Due Can hurt you, But only if it's a common occurrence. Usually if you can Bill to account, You will qualify for Edge.

Xelios

Oct 27, 2014
Visit site

How is the speaker? I always forget to ask it. Loud and clear? Too loud on the minimal setting? What's your thought on it?

Thank you for doing this by the way. It's much appreciated.

Joe the Insider

Trusted Member
Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

Same questions. And thank you for the time.

I'm not 100% sure if you would get the $100 off trade in deal if you buy outright. Our systems don't say either way, It doesn't mention anything about Full Retail, So i would just go in and give it a shot.

Yes, Free Screen replacement will apply even at full price.

Joe the Insider

Trusted Member
Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

Are you able to disable stock apps like VZ Navigator from the Apps menu?

And thanks for giving us some of your time. I am really looking forward to this phone. Might have to try and take a break at work tomorrow and go grab a 64GB before I ever even hold it in my hand.

Absolutely, This is the first thing i do when i get a device. Most bloatware can definitely be disabled.

Joe the Insider

Trusted Member
Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

I bought a Moto X through Big Red and received a PIN code. The product arrived on 10/23 and within a couple of days, I knew it was not going to work out. On Saturday, I called Motorola to get the return processed. Motorola received the device on Monday.

Overall, its been a headache dealing with Motorola and Verizon. Motorola does not understand the process of getting the PIN Code from Verizon and that entire process. Verizon does not understand why the product has to be shipped back to Motorola. For me, its been 3 days since the product was returned back to Motorola and Verizon does not have the return recorded in their system. Make sure you stay on top of it. My account is all screwed up and I am hoping to be able to be able to go out and buy a new device by this weekend. Each time I talk to Big Red, I have to go straight to a supervisor as they really do not know what I am talking about.

I will never do this Motomaker thingy again. If I buy a phone from an outside supplier, I will get an unlocked version and order it directly.

Sorry just my 2 cents worth on this one.

I've seen this happen and Honestly, The problem is with Motorola. They Are supposed to supply Verizon with the code and it takes them forever. I've dealt with this issue several times, I have even called Moto for customers and Moto seems to always say "It can take up to 72 Hours". People should go directly through Moto for Motomaker like i did. Much easier

Joe the Insider

Trusted Member
Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

Google Now Launcher or AOSP Launcher3 for the default launcher?

Posted via Android Central App (Moto X)

Definitely not Google Now launcher. Its the same launcher on the Moto x Verizon Verison.

dcvanderbush

May 17, 2010
Visit site

Joe,

Is there a way to know if I qualify for early edge? Tried a fake upgrade to another currently available device and only have outright pricing. No late payments and contract ends 05/25/2015.

Posted via Android Central App

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site

If you qualify for Edge which you do meet the guidelines, You would have to give in your currect phone and yes it would add $27/month to your bill. The only way you don't have to trade in your phone for edge is if you are out of contract.

Early Edge= Customers are currently under contact, But can trade in their current phone and sign up for edge. (The promo has to be an option on your account. (late payments, bad credit) will make that disappear.

Edge= Customers are currently out of contract and can sign up immediately and you do not have to give in a phone to sign up. Same rules apply that you have to pas credit and not have a ton of late payments.
Since I got an S5 it seems like my best option is to pay retail and sell my phone. Otherwise, I'm essentially agreeing to a 2 year payment plan with a $250 or more fee to do so.

Am I right? If you can't say due to the nature of your job I'll understand.

Cajun_Mike

Sep 5, 2014
Visit site

Joe, I'm getting the Turbo but i was pretty hacked at how Verizon mucked the Z3 up and trotted out that bastardized version the z3v. Why does Verizon insist on such a thing. My thought is maybe they were in cahoots with Motorola on the Turbo and wanted to help sandbag the Sony so that the Turbo would be the clear cut choice on their network.

Which V.P. at Verizon is the turd behind sitting down with Sony execs and saying, "yeah, that new Z3 is nice but we want you to just put the guts in that bigger Z2 and slap our logos all over it". ? Any idea if Z3 compact will ever make it's way to Verizon?

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site

Verizon website is showing it as Flexible Glass. Is this even the same quality even though it is 9H? Why flexible?

*screen protector

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site

Is there a link to this $100 deal in case the store rep has no clue what I'm talking about?

Firedogee

Banned
Sep 30, 2014
Visit site

Is there a link to this $100 deal in case the store rep has no clue what I'm talking about?

Chatted with online sales support. They will text/email you with a code after you activate a Droid Turbo with 2yr contract or EDGE. Then you can trade in any working smartphone for a $100 VZW gift card. The same goes for the waived upgrade/activation fee...it will be charged up front and credited on a later bill.

This message was emitted from Uranus

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wacky23