Droid Turbo: Battery Life

JJ Jones

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
What the heck...

I've disabled all bloatware, auto brightness, only sync Google services, etc. Do you turn mobile data off or something?

Very similar to me.
I also don't use a bunch of apps that will send me notifications. Only social media type app I use is instagram (I've heard Facebook app is murder on battery).
Mobile data is always on, WiFi is always on.
A little YouTube here and there, WWE app some, lots of chrome browser, Android Central app, Walmart app, play music, and Gmail.
Using Nova Launcher, not sure if it makes any difference.
I've disabled the Command Center widget as it is definitely a battery drain.

Since we seem to have similar setups, out of curiosity, what is the "assembled on" date of your phone? Mines 12/12. Based on my readings, I honestly believe there is a quality difference in some of the batches.

Sent from my Ballistic Turbo

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Very similar to me.
I also don't use a bunch of apps that will send me notifications. Only social media type app I use is instagram (I've heard Facebook app is murder on battery).
A little YouTube here and there, WWE app some, lots of chrome browser, Android Central app, Walmart app, play music, and Gmail.

Since we seem to have similar setups, out of curiosity, what is the "assembled on" date of your phone? Mines 12/12. Based on my readings, I honestly believe there is a quality difference in some of the batches.

I do the same minus Nova.

11/12 Assembly date. I've never seen battery like yours though. Enjoy it lol.

trivor

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Amazingly, I just got a new 2 in 1 from Acer (the Switch 10) and it actually talks about conditioning the battery in my new convertible. They actually talk about letting it run down to 10% and then full charge and doing it for 3 iterations.

Ian58

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
I run a similar setup to yours and my battery life is no where near what you are getting. If i get 3-4 hours on screen without going below 25% I am lucky. My phone was assembled on 9/27. Which dates have you noticed having battery issues?

Ian58

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
Very similar to me.

I run a similar setup to yours and my battery life is no where near what you are getting. If i get 3-4 hours on screen without going below 25% I am lucky. My phone was assembled on 9/27. Which dates have you noticed having battery issues?

JJ Jones

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site

Something is definitely amiss with your setup. Should get much more screen time.

Ian58

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
Something is definitely amiss with your setup. Should get much more screen time.

I do have command center on my setup but that usually is at the very bottom of my battery usage list. My main two are always screen on and cell standby.

JJ Jones

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
I do have command center on my setup but that usually is at the very bottom of my battery usage list. My main two are always screen on and cell standby.

Those are my top two as well. I live in consistent 2 or 3 bar area so it's not like I have great signal.

Builds prior to mid November seem to be the most troublesome from what I've seen posted.

88horizon5speed

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
3-4 hours of screen on time with how long of on battery time? In one day you can expect 7-8 hours of sot but if you have your phone on battery for 3 days then it could be more like 2 hours per day

rxgadget

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
3-4 hours of screen on time with how long of on battery time? In one day you can expect 7-8 hours of sot but if you have your phone on battery for 3 days then it could be more like 2 hours per day
This is the exact results I get with my high usage.
7 to 9 hours
4 towards 5 screen hours
100% to under 15%.

The Turbo Charger is a huge delight to get powered up again if I plug and rest for 15 minutes or greater.

Sent using my Verizon Turbo charged 64GB Ballistic Nylon phone unfortunately with a case on back

Ian58

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
That battery life seems worse than average for this phone, although it does of course depend on many other factors than what you listed

I usually am at 30-40% with about 10-11 hours unplugged and 2-3 hours on screen. I have school at 8 am and I usually have to top off around 5 to get me through the rest of the day. Im thinking about trying a FDR and see if that helps.

Posted via the Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez