Droid X update this morning to 4.5.605.en.us

jerseyboy357

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
got the update here a few min ago and i am not rooted
guess i will find out what it fixes lol

** well just updated and well nothing diff so far that i can see**

It was an update to apply 119MB worth of fixes to the stock keyboard issues reported by users. Crashes, freezes, lags, missing commands, etc

-IRON-

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
Im already done with craparola after waiting this long to actually use my stock keyboard. It went haywire with gingerbread and i had to buy thumb to use my phone. Not fixing the keyboard issues after all this time just cements my opinion about motorola.

cyberchief

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Question for you all. I was rooted and had just a couple apps Frozen with titanium pro. I completely forgot about it and got the update and ran it. Lost root and nothing seems to be broken. Gonna try and run the root for droid 3 tomorrow. Anybody think i broke anything by not thawing apps?

TheDroidLurker

Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
well, I've tried to take the update twice now. Rooted stock .602. No dice. I unfroze all my bloat, downloaded, and the install tried to reboot, went straight to the standard boot animation, then proceeded to go through a series of endless reboots. Had to work fast and reboot into cwm and clear the cache partition. That stopped the reboots but I am still unable to update.... hmmmm. maybe I should try the TBH sbf .602 file. Then take the update. What a pain.

DarkSorrow

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
I was able to upgrade with all my Bloatware frozen and I was even able to boot into Bootstrap Recovery and push the SU Binary zip back onto the device to regain root from the recovery.

snppr22

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I was a bit concerned there may have been some shenanigans with the way VZ detects wifi-tethering, and I see they must have put in something because now using WiFi Tether causes my browser to display the selfprovisioning page for 3G hotspot... :( ARG

:mad:

I was getting that with the last update.

catrider64

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
I updated to 4.5.605.en.us this morning.....lost root....tried to reroot with one click and with V7. I have superuser icon but every app i try to use that require root access says I dont have root. Any Ideas? Thanks

oxymoron

It's been real...
Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
Make sure you remove superuser before you run the one click. It won't take if it's already on there. Clear superuser data, uninstall, then run the one click again.

*customized tapatalk signature*

jeff1455

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
Checked for System Updates this morning and it was waiting to be installed.

Started download @ 6:25 am pacific over 3G
Lock screen appeared @ 6.33 am pacific after installing and re-booting
Message, "Update Failed" @ 6:35 am
System version however is @ .605.
System updates = Your device is up to date!

Power Cycled Phone
System version still reports .605

Will have to wait and see how phone operates

catrider64

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
Make sure you remove superuser before you run the one click. It won't take if it's already on there. Clear superuser data, uninstall, then run the one click again.

Ok.. I was able to clear data ok but cant find a way to uninstall superuser. I tried through manage aplications and cant find it through Astro Thanks again

darkcloud2973

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
605 install problem

Tried to update from 602 rooted to 605 but a weird thing happened. It downloaded and went through the entire install process, and then I got a message that said "Congratulations, you have upgraded to 602". Then I immediately get the notice to upgrade to 605 again. Went through it 3 times with same results. Anyone else seen anything like this?

oxymoron

It's been real...
Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
Ok.. I was able to clear data ok but cant find a way to uninstall superuser. I tried through manage aplications and cant find it through Astro Thanks again

The superuser.apk is in system/app.... which ironically, you need root rights to access. You can still delete it through the SDK though. Or SBF .602, update to 605 then run one click.

This all may be unnecessary though. It seems as though I've read of people taking the 605 ota and just running one click right after. I don't know, I always remove su before taking an update. Never had a problem. This is why I usually just run custom ROMs, no ota to worry about.

albertdc

Dec 14, 2009
Visit site
Checked for System Updates this morning and it was waiting to be installed.

Started download @ 6:25 am pacific over 3G
Lock screen appeared @ 6.33 am pacific after installing and re-booting
Message, "Update Failed" @ 6:35 am
System version however is @ .605.
System updates = Your device is up to date!

Power Cycled Phone
System version still reports .605

Will have to wait and see how phone operates

Weird, I got the same thing where it said the update failed, but then it shows the new version anyway. I was previously rooted but had not re-rooted after the last update. Wonder if I still had something ni there which made it think it failed? Were you rooted?

couger2

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
think this update screwed up my sd card- got the update this morning and just now got message that my sd card is blank or has unsupported filesystem. rebooted phone, then removed card-no help. anyone else having this issue? any suggestions. thanks.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38