Bypass HDMI copyright restriction...MAYBE?

Mudvayne622

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
Just so everyone doesnt get too excited i dont have the HDMI cable or dock. but i did find something interesting while browsing my X and looking in the gallery app a few days ago. I found at the bottom the section called Copy Protected. Now i was wondering if this is where synced video files or movie bought from blockbuster app would go. So what i did was created a folder on the Sd called movie. I copied a few movie files(avi.) into there instead of the Video folder and they do play fine in the Gallery using Astro to find them since they dont show up under the Gallery app menu. Now i cant test this since i dont have the HDMI cable yet but im wondering if the movie i put on my SD card could now play through the HDMI. Could it really be that simple? I was under the impression that only movies we took using the phone would work through the HDMI. Please someone try this and let us know.

jdbower

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
I doubt it'll be that simple (but I don't have any DRM-enabled content - for a reason!). DRM content is encrypted so in order to play it we need to decrypt it. If it only decrypts from that one directory this won't work. If is uses the whether decryption is active it won't work. But it's free to try. Personally I'm more interested in getting other applications to work with HDMI than I am to get DRM content, in particular Orb.

I suppose if it was a NetFlix app that may be a different story... :)