What new features would you like to see?

Jeremy

Original Member
Oct 24, 2008
Visit site
OK, so I am aware the Droid basically just was released but what new features/if any would you like to see added in some future updates? Anything is fair game except bug fixes as those are something we can all agree on.

Just curious to see what some of you think...

anon(3850)

Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
Personally I love all the apps that you can get but I have always been the type that rather see the features built into the OS from the start. EX. the bubble sms feature, more control over notification options like bb did and with level 1 things. file manager should have been built in from start and task killer also. I know the OS is view more as a powerful platform to which devs will fill in the pretty things as needed/wanted but still, just way I am.
But I think biggest thing would be a shinnier OS in general. The HTC HD2 Sence UI is very nice and really shows how far cell devices have come.

I guess other thing that I would love to see coming from a BB is better device security. I loved the password on BB where if you fail the 10 times it wipes device. Hate to lose phone and think someone might figure out the pattern and have all my info.

TreyDaPrince

Oct 28, 2009
Visit site
I sat here for about 5 minutes trying to think of something and I couldn't. I mean I know this isn't a perfect device but when I start to think what else do I want/need that I don't already! But any new positve additions would be a plus.

baycruisers

Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
I sat here for about 5 minutes trying to think of something and I couldn't. I mean I know this isn't a perfect device but when I start to think what else do I want/need that I don't already! But any new positve additions would be a plus.

Same here. Maybe it's a lack of imagination on my part, but my Droid does everything I want it to.

Jeremy

Original Member
Oct 24, 2008
Visit site
The only thing I could see right now is some more eye candy like HTC's sense UI. Even that is not really needed but it would be cool to mess around with. Might have to pick up an Eris just as a second device. :)

equus

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
BT Voice Dialing

A major addition would truly be BT Voice Dialing. It sad that they did not incorporate that from day one. Its becoming a law in many states for "hands-free" atleast this puts a check mark on a feature that's needed.

Last edited:

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
A mojor addition would truly be BT Voice Dialing. It sad that they did not incorporate that from day one. Its becoming a law in many states for "hands-free" atleast this puts a check mark on a feature that's needed.

+1

plus, even though it's not really moto's department, i want the facebook app updated to be something i would actually use.

if they could make this mashup of the iphone app's useablility and add in the way the bb's app join's contacts (i don't like the way it's done now in droid) and sync your fb calendar (i've been saved on many a birthday by that feature when i had my bb)

i would almost pee my pants.

other than that, speed up the camera (time delay between pictures and processing time b/t shutter close and rendering)

oh and APPS ON THE SD CARD. :D

the phone is quite awesome as is, if it was my storm or tour, most of my list would be complaints about bugs i want fixed.

j7469

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
BT dialing, bubble SMS (I know there is an app for that too), pinch zoom (I know that the dolphin browser supports this), letter instead of drawing a symbol to unlock the phone, turns the phone to landscape it rotated away from the slider, ability to remove lock & wipe phone, ability to store apps to SD card, ability to backup the phone to your computer (i.e. some type of desktop manager), and abaility to turn on LED flash while using the video camera.

Sounds like a lot but I really do love the phone the way it is but you know the saying "the grass is always greener" well we always want more and if your asking...

tealturboser

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
1. Spell check
2. Signatures in non gmail accounts
3. Ability to file email in non gmail accounts
3. As said above custom notifications per contact
4. As said above ability to lock without swipe or choose how it locks (like only lock with swipe when lock button is pressed)
5. Easy way to switch between running apps without going back to the shortcut

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
1. Spell check
2. Signatures in non gmail accounts
3. Ability to file email in non gmail accounts
3. As said above custom notifications per contact
4. As said above ability to lock without swipe or choose how it locks (like only lock with swipe when lock button is pressed)
5. Easy way to switch between running apps without going back to the shortcut

#5 is already basically there, just hold the home button for a second and your last 6 apps will pop up

csiguy1

Nov 5, 2009
Visit site
Jeremy, if I bought a Eris to put on another line would gmail sync OTA with both my Droid and Eris so both phones would have the same info?

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
The only thing I could see right now is some more eye candy like HTC's sense UI. Even that is not really needed but it would be cool to mess around with. Might have to pick up an Eris just as a second device. :)

I totally agree with this (as you already know, ha-ha). Many of the widgets in the Sense UI are - sort of - available through the Marketplace, but they aren't nearly as nice. And I have yet to find a calendar widget that works well with the Corporate Calendar app.

I also agree with the spell checker. This is a must have when I'm responding to work emails. The spell checker doesn't even appear to be an option when using the physical keyboard.

Last but not least, HTC introduced a few business oriented features in the TP2, that I would love to see on the Droid. The main feature having to do with the way the calendar and the phone integrate. For example, on the TP2, when a calendar reminder pops up, it pops up with a big button that I can push to dial the con call #. It dials the number and takes me to the phone screen. From the phone screen, I can push an icon that opens up the notes for that calendar event, which typically contains the access code for the conference call, so I can enter that information into the dialer and join the call. I never leave the phone screen in the process. Without that, I'm switching back and forth between the phone app, and the calendar app trying to get the code. This is a feature I've always wanted on every phone and they finally did it in 2009.

I would also like bigger contact pictures in the phone dialer screen, and to be able to narrow down contacts as I dial letters in the phone dialer screen.

Knyte

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
Individual notification setting per contact (using Handcent)
Ability to transfer ringtones via mms (using Handcent)
Ability to tansfer files/ringtones via bluetooth (using Bluetooth File transfer)
BT voice dialing

so far that's it..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress