Droid connection Problem (no 3G or 1x)

Have any Droid owners had internet connection problems?

• Total voters

corydunbar

Dec 31, 2009
Visit site
The other day on campus i noticed my droid has no connection to the internet. This is a place that i am sure has a great signal, because i have used my phone's internet connection countless times their before. The problem continued as i left campus and went home. so its not a location issue and its not a user error.

my droid no longer shows the 3G symbol at the top and it has never shown a 1x symbol (There is total 3G coverage in my area) . And yes Wifi is off, I merely have no internet connection in an area i am sure has a great 3G signal. but now all i have is the signal bars. so when i try to use the browser, it says no internet connection. Wifi still works, but that is my only source of internet.

I have tried: power cycle, Battery pull, Airplane mode, calling *228 #2,

is their a fix for this problem? or do i have to replace the device?

Last edited:

Fatasaurus

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Ive had this issue. I did a factory reset and its worked a lot better. I still have the issues from time to time but its nowhere near like it used to be. I would lose service for hours at a time almost everyday. Now I have more of and issue with my text messaging then internet

corydunbar

Dec 31, 2009
Visit site
so what it turned out to be was a bad app. I had just recently updated to dolphin browser 2.0. and somehow it turned off my data connectivity. so after i removed it and did a power cycle, all was returned to normal.

I tried to contact dolphin mobile, but they don't respond very often.

ericatomars06

Dec 10, 2009
Visit site
Sometimes when I'm downtown Chicago. I'll loose my 3g depending, and where in the building I am... Then it becomes really annoying because I'll need to use an app and I can't

Jeremy

Original Member
Oct 24, 2008
Visit site
I've been telling others to ditch the Dolphin browser. I've heard people having nothing but issues with it lately.

shovelheadhd

Dec 8, 2009
Visit site
I have begun to wonder if verizon is working on the network or something. I normally get 3G around where I live and work but here lately it has been a hit or miss. Sometimes at my home I lose my 3G and other times at work I lose it there also. Something seems to be up with the 3G here lately.

rwbta

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
Never do a factory reset on a Droid Pro unless you are in direct contact with Verizon. When you do a factory reset, you get a message about losing data and installed programs but they don't tell you that you will lose 3g capabilities. The only way to get it back is by contacting Verizon. I am currently living in Brazil. I did a factory reset without knowing this. Since I am no longer a Verizon customer, I have no way of getting 3g back unless I can found out the code that turns it back on.