No update apps notifications

ethan

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
The Market isn't notifying me when updates for apps are available. I've excluded it from my task killer and everything. It's not that big of a deal but I'm wondering why it's happening.

terpitude71

Retired Moderator
Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
it seems like i only get notified when i actually open the market app. try using appbrain, now that they have enabled updating

takeshi

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
The notification feature works but is very laggy.
This.

OP is probably just now noticing it. I had an update notification this morning but there have been plenty of times where updates were available but there was no notification. They're just not always instantaneous.

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
That has been my experience as well. I'm not sure how and when the Market chooses to pop up the notification. I just check everyday to see what's new.

G

GenericMessage

it's time based.

If you don't do it on your own for long enough, it'll prompt you.

equus

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
Make sure Notify Me is turned on.
Tap Market>>Tap Menu>>>select Download>>>Tap Menu>>>select notifications>>>then choose that option. I have always had Market Notify me when there was an update. It all depends on how you have Notifications set up.

MBSMD

Feb 7, 2010
Visit site
I think it checks every 4 days or something like that.
If you don't go to the market and find the update yourself, it'll eventually notify you.

I actually prefer it this way. I don't need to be notified 3 times a day when one of my 50 apps is updated.

anicholas7

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
I used to get notifications all the time but since I rooted and updated to Froyo I have not received one notification yet. My settings are set to get notification but the only way I knew about the updates were from android central.
I am wondering if the problem is with Froyo or being rooted or both.

TBolt

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
I used to get notifications all the time but since I rooted and updated to Froyo I have not received one notification yet. My settings are set to get notification but the only way I knew about the updates were from android central.
I am wondering if the problem is with Froyo or being rooted or both.

I (Droid Incredible) am not rooted. Before Froyo, I received regular update notifications in the toolbar. Since Froyo, I never see notifications until I open up the Market myself.

So, it's not a rooting problem. It appears to be a Froyo/Market problem.

Menno

Coffee Addict
Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
The notification issue is buggy in froyo. no way around it. It also won't notify you if you have an app set to auto update.

As a side note: Task killers are evil :)

Pattinson

Oct 11, 2010
Visit site
No update apps

That has been my experience as well. I'm not sure how and when the Market chooses to pop up the notification. I just check everyday to see what's new.

The same to me. I had a Motorola Android phones, by the way. And because I'm a programmer and I have to develop some little programmes by myself.
Wait ...