First Time Root droid x

umfan6

Oct 27, 2010
Visit site
I want to root my droid x really bad , but need to know whats the Advantage of rooting your phone and how to go about it. I'm kinda scared that i will mess up seriously. It seems a little to complex. I just need help in a detailed fashion.

Bond32

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
Check the sticky. There's a number of one click root apps for the pc that are as easy as plugging in the phone and clicking "root me". Advantages? Allows customized everything. Also root alls in the marketplace. I prefer wireless tether, autokiller, drocap, and apps such as rom manager and team blackhat. Also allows overclocking if you are into that but I still fail to see the point of overclocking your phone.

tntdroid

Droiderator
Feb 19, 2010
www.flickr.com
Root is easy and you wont mess it up. When making any changes just have a backup in hand. U can use sweet apps like in the post above. Overclock is great since you can underclock and save battery. U can run custom roms and themes that are so easy to install. You can also pull different parts of roms and make your phone how you like it.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
You can also do complete backups (a nandroid backup) using something like Droid X Bootstrapper. As to the risk, you get to decide how far you want to take things.

GatorPT

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
I want to root my droid x really bad , but need to know whats the Advantage of rooting your phone and how to go about it. I'm kinda scared that i will mess up seriously. It seems a little to complex. I just need help in a detailed fashion.

this method is so easy , is a one click method. read up on how to use this on his website.
www.sil3entki11.tumblr.com
He is on a different forum , but after doing root 3 different ways , his is definately the easiest .

GatorPT

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
i did the one click root it goes through everything then it says root failed im trying to figure out why

which 1 click root did you do?
Sil3ntki11 is a member of a different site. I believe he is at alldroid.org
if you google him with 1 click root ota droid x , his method will pop up .
while in his program, you may need to change your USB settings during the hack . I was told to use charge only , i had to change through all of them before 1 of them finally worked.
You have to make sure USB Debugging is enabled to do this .
Also you have to make sure you have all of your drivers installed , there are different drivers for all USB settings , and even more for Debugging.
Hope i helped you some , continue to ask if you have trouble

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Ok I am a noob on the root process but I have research a number of site and dont fear the rooting process but for some reason I have not seen a unroot option for Droid X on OTA 2.2 and I would like to be sure that I can unroot if a new update gets released that I decide to install. Is there s link to instructions on unrooting the OTA 2.2 Froyo update?

Also I have been reading about Bootstrap Recovery and I am trying to understand that this app doesn't require any other apps or changes to work and it allows a user to make a image of the device before installing any customizing and can restore to the stock layout by running the restore option, am I correct or misunderstanding Bootstraps purpose. Can Bootstrap restore apps if I remove them from device while rooted or would I have to run the sbf?

Sorry for the noob questions but after using and hacking windows for all these years I want to become knowledgeable of this system before jumping in and making a mistake that will brick my device.

Thanks in advance for any assistance..

GatorPT

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
Ok I am a noob on the root process but I have research a number of site and dont fear the rooting process but for some reason I have not seen a unroot option for Droid X on OTA 2.2 and I would like to be sure that I can unroot if a new update gets released that I decide to install. Is there s link to instructions on unrooting the OTA 2.2 Froyo update?

Also I have been reading about Bootstrap Recovery and I am trying to understand that this app doesn't require any other apps or changes to work and it allows a user to make a image of the device before installing any customizing and can restore to the stock layout by running the restore option, am I correct or misunderstanding Bootstraps purpose. Can Bootstrap restore apps if I remove them from device while rooted or would I have to run the sbf?

Sorry for the noob questions but after using and hacking windows for all these years I want to become knowledgeable of this system before jumping in and making a mistake that will brick my device.

Thanks in advance for any assistance..

Dont worry about the questions , i asked alot also , but by doing so i was able to learn.
Bootstrap app is a recovery tool . It hijacks the stock recovery early during the process. By doing so it allows you to run the bootstrap hijack . When you backup your phone with Bootstrap it backs up everything . data, system, cache , everything . So when you restore , you have a option to restore what you want to restore.
There is a unroot option with the OTA , it is by sil3ntki11 also , the same hack used to root .
There is really no reason to unroot , unless you are going to send phone back to verizon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress