Download the Official Droid X 2.3.340 OTA Here

PhoenixMike

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
Sorry for the repost but....

Still kind of new and have a few questions. Would appreciate any help.

1. What is SBF?
2. How do I reinstall the bloatware I removed?
3. How do I go about saving all memos in Notes Everything, Apps (Abb Brain?), and other important info?

I would hate for something to go wrong and I lose everything I have.
Thanx.

rion_j

Mar 29, 2010
Visit site
there's a link duplicated on page 8.
and here, too:

a quick question:
i grabbed the ~25MB download - the one without Madden. will not having Madden cause problems for me further down the road?

i'd just as soon not have it, but if i need in the phone for future updates i'll have to try to figure out how to get it.

I was wondering the exact same thing cause i heard the ota was around 70 mb, but this file is only 25.

The 25MB download includes an App for Madden. If you click on the App icon for Madden you are asked if you want to download the demo but you dont have to.

rion_j

Mar 29, 2010
Visit site
Sorry for the repost but....

Still kind of new and have a few questions. Would appreciate any help.

1. What is SBF?
2. How do I reinstall the bloatware I removed?
3. How do I go about saving all memos in Notes Everything, Apps (Abb Brain?), and other important info?

I would hate for something to go wrong and I lose everything I have.
Thanx.

SBF - I believe it stands for Superbase Binary File. This file will allow you to unbrick your phone, etc etc. Only use if necessary and it is dependant upon the System Version of your device. There is a section on AC about rooting, and there is info all over the net on what this is and how to use it.

Bloat - Did you create a Nandroid Backup? Or did you make a backup in Titantium Backup?

Saving apps, etc - use Titanium Backup

PhoenixMike

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
SBF - I believe it stands for Superbase Binary File. This file will allow you to unbrick your phone, etc etc. Only use if necessary and it is dependant upon the System Version of your device. There is a section on AC about rooting, and there is info all over the net on what this is and how to use it.

Bloat - Did you create a Nandroid Backup? Or did you make a backup in Titantium Backup?

Saving apps, etc - use Titanium Backup

Thanx for replying. Unfortunately I didn't do any backups thru Titanium. I just deleted the unwanted apps.

Seeing the position I'm in, how would I go about installing this update manually? I would need to back up my apps, notes, and Contacts should be fine. Step by step instructions would be greatly appreciated, if possible.

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Possibly a dumb question here, but if I load the zip file to update my X, will this have any issues when G-bread comes out, or any other future update? Meaning, will I have to downgrade to upgrade later? Or does it make absolutely not a bit of difference because the downloaded zip file is the official release and not a leak?

Thanks!

anon(93379)

Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
I have tried installing this om my DroidX 3 times now and each time the installation gets aborted with Error in /sdcard/update.zip (Status 7). Any ideas???

rion_j

Mar 29, 2010
Visit site
Possibly a dumb question here, but if I load the zip file to update my X, will this have any issues when G-bread comes out, or any other future update? Meaning, will I have to downgrade to upgrade later? Or does it make absolutely not a bit of difference because the downloaded zip file is the official release and not a leak?

Thanks!

the update.zip file listed in this thread is the official .340 signed by Moto that Verizon is expected to release via OTA. some folks got the OTA early before it was pulled, and this file is in fact that update. This will also not affect any future updates/OTA's including GBread when it releases. so, you can either decide to wait for the OTA which is rumored to hit next week, or you can use the update.zip listed here and have the latest release on your X within minutes. :)

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
the update.zip file listed in this thread is the official .340 signed by Moto that Verizon is expected to release via OTA. some folks got the OTA early before it was pulled, and this file is in fact that update. This will also not affect any future updates/OTA's including GBread when it releases. so, you can either decide to wait for the OTA which is rumored to hit next week, or you can use the update.zip listed here and have the latest release on your X within minutes. :)

Thank you, sir. So basically since it's technically the official, I'm good to go? Hellz yeah! Sounds good to me. I just didn't want to have to deal with the downgrading and all that fun crap later on down the line. I downloaded the zip last night, just haven't loaded it yet because I needed some confirmation on that. Thanks again!

rion_j

Mar 29, 2010
Visit site
Thanx for replying. Unfortunately I didn't do any backups thru Titanium. I just deleted the unwanted apps.

Seeing the position I'm in, how would I go about installing this update manually? I would need to back up my apps, notes, and Contacts should be fine. Step by step instructions would be greatly appreciated, if possible.

you'll need to find another path as you wont be able to get this update unless you have all the blur elements that were originally on the device. there are system dump's out there, i believe on androidforums.com is where i found the file, but more than likely you'll need to SBF to get back to normal so you can apply this update and any future OTA's.

rion_j

Mar 29, 2010
Visit site
Thank you, sir. So basically since it's technically the official, I'm good to go? Hellz yeah! Sounds good to me. I just didn't want to have to deal with the downgrading and all that fun crap later on down the line. I downloaded the zip last night, just haven't loaded it yet because I needed some confirmation on that. Thanks again!

right on, glad i could help! enjoy!

rion_j

Mar 29, 2010
Visit site
I have tried installing this om my DroidX 3 times now and each time the installation gets aborted with Error in /sdcard/update.zip (Status 7). Any ideas???

not sure what that error is for, but what system version are you coming from? and have you removed any blur, bloat?

Neurofunk

Feb 2, 2010
Visit site
Seems to be working fine so far. Had one run in where I plugged my phone into my PC and it rebooted itself but it hasn't done so since then so i'm just assuming that was a fluke.

Lonman06

Oct 29, 2010
lonman06.com
Can someone please lend a hand. I have installed the newest update and ran the Z4 foot app. I click on permanent root and it runs a few things and then reboots the phone. Problem is it keeps going into clockworkmod recovery and then I have to click to reboot the phone and the root doesn't work.

I have uninstalled bootstrap but am still getting this start up screen. Is there anything I can do to get past these screen and just reboot the normal way so I can get root?

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch