Xoom LTE soak test on the way

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
No, I don't think it'll take quite that long. As I just said, it's not the same as phone testing. They just have to verify that the new radio files don't break the network. Other than that, it's still a GED so, as long as it doesn't blow stuff up, it should get released fairly quickly.

One can hope.

SamuriHL

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
One can hope.

Indeed. For now I went custom. I may never look back TBH. I got a chance to put my custom rom'd 4G LTE Xoom up against a WIFI OTA Xoom and quite frankly, the custom rom kicked the living heck out of the OTA rom. Not even a close contest. So while I'll update my stock rom with ICS when it's available, I may go back to my custom rom right after that.

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Indeed. For now I went custom. I may never look back TBH. I got a chance to put my custom rom'd 4G LTE Xoom up against a WIFI OTA Xoom and quite frankly, the custom rom kicked the living heck out of the OTA rom. Not even a close contest. So while I'll update my stock rom with ICS when it's available, I may go back to my custom rom right after that.

That's great on the speed. How is the battery life with that ROM?

SamuriHL

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
That's great on the speed. How is the battery life with that ROM?

Hard to tell. I was away on business travel all week so I brutalized my Xoom all week. I was up at 7:30am yesterday morning, using it until 6pm through meetings, and when I got back to the hotel I was still at 34%. I can't really complain.

Reactions: pauldroidr2d2

freeky1

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Having a 4G Xoom on Honeycomb and a wifi Xoom on ICS to compare side by side is pretty cool. The performance definitely seems a little snappier on ICS. The differences are not huge, but enough to know they are there.

Sent from my 4G Xoom using Tapatalk.

SamuriHL

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Having a 4G Xoom on Honeycomb and a wifi Xoom on ICS to compare side by side is pretty cool. The performance definitely seems a little snappier on ICS. The differences are not huge, but enough to know they are there.

I was comparing 4G LTE Xoom running Team EOS ICS nightly vs WIFI Xoom running OTA ICS. The difference was VERY noticeable. Team EOS was the clear winner.

SamuriHL

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
No, that's not how it works. VZW gets final sign off on updates that potentially impact their network. Look at the ICS roadmap for Moto phones.

freeky1

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I'm much more excited about getting ICS on my Bionic. Honeycomb and ICS are very similar.

SamuriHL

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
They're like night and day from my point of view. ICS being a clear improvement to the Android architecture. I'm really impressed with what Google has accomplished. And yes, I want ICS on all my devices, Bionic included.

Reactions: pauldroidr2d2

njennings

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
Anything more on this seth?

got this in my inbox this morning

Hi.

Thanks for joining the Motorola Feedback Network. We may have a small project for owners of Motorola Xooms on Verizon. Participants must have had their Xooms upgraded to LTE to take part.

At this point, we can't positively confirm that the project will go forward, but if it does, the timing will be fast and we thought it best to prepare a group to provide feedback.

So, if you can live with some uncertainty, please take a moment to sign up here.

Thats all the information I have to share at this time. If you sign up and meet the conditions of the project -- and it actually goes forward -- more will be provided.

Regards,

Mobius360

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
It's funny how quiet the Verizon soak has been in comparison to the wifi model. Hopefully we hear something this week.

Sent from my Epic CM7 Android via Tapatalk

SamuriHL

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I'm not holding my breath waiting. If VZW has to sign off on it, well, just know that's not a "fast" process. It can take 4 weeks or more sometimes. Yey.

CypherMax

Oct 20, 2010
Visit site
I just recently sent my xoom in for the 4G upgrade. I put a post it on my xoom saying "please update to 4.0.3 thanks" haha. They should be shipping it back to me tomorrow. I'm not expecting ICS but how cool would that be? Haha :D

SamuriHL

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I just recently sent my xoom in for the 4G upgrade. I put a post it on my xoom saying "please update to 4.0.3 thanks" haha. They should be shipping it back to me tomorrow. I'm not expecting ICS but how cool would that be? Haha :D

ROFLMAO! That's awesome. :D That would rock if they decided to throw it on there for you. :)

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site

LOL, if you do get it, you'll have to let us know. That would be funny if you do. I doubt it though, if I'm not mistaken, the company that is doing the actual ugrade to the device is a contractor with Motorola.

mhochman

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site

Thats Brilliant, The Fedex Box for me to ship my Xoom in for the LTE Upgrade should be here today, I may do the same thing as you :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress