Holy jeez this phone is freaking amazing (Update: Review LIVE!)

redhawk24

May 17, 2011
Visit site
Re: Holy jeez this phone is freaking amazing

Man, you can't go wrong either way. I had the Pure Edition and it's awesome. I sent it back to try the 6p, but I miss it. I think the Pure Edition has a much smaller profile except regarding thickness. If the price difference is a lot, go with the Pure. If not, go 6p.

You missed my second post, I placed an order for a 6P lady night!

Posted via the Android Central App

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site

Refresh..... refresh..... refresh..... tick - tock.... refresh...... refresh... refresh...... refresh refresh refresh.... tick - tock.... tick - tock.... tick - f ..... CAlm... breeaathe... tick tock.... tick - tock.... refresh......

......... flush.... refr.... oh hands.... now refresh.... cotton - pickin m.... refresh.... refresh.... tick - tock.......
smash clock..... refresh..... ref zzzzzzzzzz... zzzz

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site

I just finished writing the review, where I had to try and contain all my fanboy juices for this amazazazazing phone.

I just need to vent and let it all out, and here feels like a great place to do it.

My god I love this thing.

Zoom zoom goes the software, the screen makes me squeee a lil bit and the camera is f'ing great.

Best Nexus ever? Hell yes it's the best nexus ever. If yours is on the way, get some napkins ready for all the moisture that's gonna happen when it gets here.

Just waiting for them to come back in stock. You are not making the wait easy Jerry lol

razortaz18

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site

Just got this phone today, got rid of my nexus 6. It is amazing. The build quality is ridiculous! It doesn't get more premium than this.

Little thing but I hated the vibration on the 6, it was way too aggressive and sounded tinny. As soon as I rooted the 6 I turned it off straight away. The vibration on the 6p is perfect, subtle and gentle. It's the little things eh?

I know what you mean. The vibration on the Nexus 6 really bothered me too.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site

Come on Jerry, don't hold out on us. Release the Kraken (or just the 6P review would suffice) lol

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site

this phone has received more positive reviews than any I can remember. even iphone fans are gushing over it. I'll wait to reserve judgment, but I'm expecting it to be the best android device ever.

anon(11078)

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site

The natives are getting restless and are prepared to storm the citadel and set free the review if necessary.

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site

The natives are getting restless and are prepared to storm the citadel and set free the review if necessary.

It's turned over for final editing and assorted magic they do to make things look pretty. I told them to hurry the F up :p

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site

this phone has received more positive reviews than any I can remember. even iphone fans are gushing over it. I'll wait to reserve judgment, but I'm expecting it to be the best android device ever.

Agree, this is really the first android phone in awhile that has gotten really good reviews and even got the iPhone crowd taking notice.

I Can Be Your Hero

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site

It's turned over for final editing and assorted magic they do to make things look pretty. I told them to hurry the F up :p

Release the kraken review!

Glad you're enjoying it. Can't wait to read it. Seems to have addressed issues of past Nexus devices (battery and cameras being so-so).

Hope this makes a big splash in the market.

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site

Man I want this phone but the burn in has me worried! Stupid Android Police article...

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site

Man I want this phone but the burn in has me worried! Stupid Android Police article...
Worrying about non existent problem.. There are always exception some 1 out of 1000 may have some issues if the user tries to look fort them. But I wouldn't worry much.

If it bothers so much wait for few months and then buy.

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site

Worrying about non existent problem.. There are always exception some 1 out of 1000 may have some issues if the user tries to look fort them. But I wouldn't worry much.

If it bothers so much wait for few months and then buy.
Already have my pre-order in. Should be here the first week of November. I know it might be a non issue - but them saying they saw burn in after a week is a pretty glaring issue. If it showed up after a year - then ok. But a week is awful. I will get mine and use it for a bit, as I think this could be the perfect phone for me. But I'm really hopeful for no issues. I had burn in on my Moto X 2013 after a month or so and that couldn't be unseen.

AnnDroid

May 19, 2010
Visit site

Shame it's so ginormous.
I would have bought it no hesitation otherwise, but it's too physically big for my pockets. I'm only a small chap at 5'5" tall so my pockets aren't massive either.
Can you sew or do you know anyone who can? I extended my left front pockets by 1.5" and now my Nexus 6 fits well. You don't have to do a great job sewing, just a secure job. Use fabric in similar thickness to the kind like the pocket's existing fabric.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non