Google Nexus 6P Notifications in App Icons + Clearing All Notifications

Richard Feynman

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
Really liking the 6P so far, but one of the things I'm missing from my old phone is that none of my app icons seem to show notices on the icon itself. As an example with my old Galaxy S4 if I had unread text messages, there would be a number such as "3" on the icon so that i could see I have 3 unread text messages.

Has this feature been removed in the latest version of Android or is it just that i don't yet have any apps installed that support it?

I also miss a "clear all notifications" option, when i have 7 different notifications isn't there a way to just dismiss all of them without having to click on each, one by one?

Thanks

maverick7526

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Really liking the 6P so far, but one of the things I'm missing from my old phone is that none of my app icons seem to show notices on the icon itself. As an example with my old Galaxy S4 if I had unread text messages, there would be a number such as "3" on the icon so that i could see I have 3 unread text messages.

Has this feature been removed in the latest version of Android or is it just that i don't yet have any apps installed that support it?

I also miss a "clear all notifications" option, when i have 7 different notifications isn't there a way to just dismiss all of them without having to click on each, one by one?

Thanks

Stock Android never put notifications counts over the icon. If you have multiple notifications in the notification shade, on the right side when you pull it down there is 3 dashes on the side, it dismisses everything from the notification shade.

Posted via the Android Central App

Evilnut

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Notifications in App Icons + Clearing All Notifications

If you install Nova launcher and then install the Tesla plugin, you will get those notifications in your icons. That's what I have done on my last three phones. TouchWiz has this built in, that's why you had it on your Samsung phone.

Posted via Android Central App from a Nexus 6P or the amazing Nexus 10

steveljAC

Nov 14, 2015
Visit site
Re: Notifications in App Icons + Clearing All Notifications

Richard, the above app (Notifyer) worked for me except putting the Notifyer icon into the app dock. Were you able to do that?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa