Do you remove your 6P from your pocket when sitting down?

pseudoware

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
If I want maximum comfort while seated, gotta take it out. I guess it's part of the package (no pun intended). 😀 Anyone else?

Jetblackdiamond

Jul 14, 2015
Visit site
I really don't understand people who put their phones in their back pocket, it just increases your chances on damaging your phone, if you forget to take it out before slumping on the park bench, chair, etc etc...plus judging from the youtuber, jerryrig,who happened to easily bent the Nexus 6p,I wouldn't say its a rigid phone (However, he really is buff as hell than most people) ...as a matter of fact, all phones bend, its just the difference in how much pressure it can withstand, i dont think I've seen any smartphone that withstood bend tests before, without being slightly bent (Except the Nokia 3310)....and not forgetting how easy it is to pickpocket your phone from your back pocket...

Rocking A Gunmetalicious M8

Last edited:

Trigati

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
I've never put a phone in my back pocket. Front pants pocket, jacket pocket, sweater pocket, shirt pocket - yes, all pockets where its very unlikely to get bent by sitting on. Shirt pocket is probably my favorite as its also the least likely to bump into things (tables, chair handles for some styles of chairs, etc.), but I just can't see what's so wondrous about putting a bendable or breakable device into a pocket that's easiest to bend or break things with.

pr627

Nov 1, 2015
Visit site
I usually put mines in right front pocket of jeans. Keys, change, etc in left pocket. Yes I sit down with mines regularly and no issues at all. There are times when you don't want it out in the open or laying on a table for someone to easily swipe and that is when its in my front jeans pocket. If in a jacket its on a inside pocket, I get nervous about it being in a outside pocket where it could easily fall out.

ChinChillaz

Oct 8, 2015
Visit site
I never carry a phones in my back pocket because you can bend it if you sit on it and you can get pickpocket. I put it in my front pocket and take it out when it's time to sit.

maverick7526

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
I really don't understand people who put their phones in their back pocket, it just increases your chances on damaging your phone, if you forget to take it out before slumping on the park bench, chair, etc etc...plus judging from the youtuber, jerryrig,who happened to easily bent the Nexus 6p,I wouldn't say its a rigid phone (However, he really is buff as hell than most people) ...as a matter of fact, all phones bend, its just the difference in how much pressure it can withstand, i dont think I've seen any smartphone that withstood bend tests before, without being slightly bent (Except the Nokia 3310)....and not forgetting how easy it is to pickpocket your phone from your back pocket...

Its easy. I've always put my phones in my back pocket. You just take it out before you sit down. Wallet and keys in front two pockets, phone goes in the back. I don't get how people put their phones in front pockets. So do your keys and wallet all go in one pocket up front or one in the back and one up front? To me that makes no sense at all.

Posted via the Android Central App

codeda

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site
Well I'm a girl and my front pockets would never fit this phone. If I don't have my purse, it goes in my back pocket and like others have said, I take it out before I sit down. Been back pocketing my phone since my Evo days and never had an issue.

cohoman

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site

I agree. Putting your phone in your back pocket seems to be a trend that people copy. Right up there with those man buns and skinny jeans. I keep my phone in my left front pants pocket and my car keys in my right front pocket. A smartphone in the back pocket is just asking for issues.

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Yes. Maybe not always with slacks or shorts but with jeans, yes. Front pocket only, screen in.

Posted via my Nexus 6P!

redhawk24

May 17, 2011
Visit site
I go front right pocket with my phones. I've always had cases and screen protectors with my phones, so it goes in the pocket with my keys.

jam4775

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
I've always put my all phones in my front jeans pocket, including my Notes and now 6P. When I buy jeans I always make sure the pockets are deep enough for my phone. Jeans that have shallow pockets are just pointless anyways. I never have problems sitting down with my phone in my front pocket since I make sure I have pockets that my phone fits in.

Last edited:

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I can sit with it in my pocket just fine.my front right pocket is my dedicated phone pocket. I only take it out and lay it on a table when home or at a buddies.

Ed Briggs

May 14, 2013
Visit site
I've put a cell phone in any pocket just once. I've always had one of those leather pouches that clip to a belt, or carry it in my hand. I don't like 'pocketing' a phone.

Kevin Harvell

May 31, 2012
Visit site
I agree. Putting your phone in your back pocket seems to be a trend that people copy. Right up there with those man buns and skinny jeans. I keep my phone in my left front pants pocket and my car keys in my right front pocket. A smartphone in the back pocket is just asking for issues.

I keep my phone in my front left as well.

I prefer pants that actually fit so having my devices in my front pockets is not an issue.

Comfort>style

via the AC App on a Nexus 6P

AustinIllini

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
I can sit with it in my pocket just fine.my front right pocket is my dedicated phone pocket. I only take it out and lay it on a table when home or at a buddies.

Same here, but with Doze, I tend to take my phone out of my pocket at work and at home. That being said, anywhere else, I can sit with this monster in my pocket.

strawbee

Oct 29, 2015
Visit site
I only ever walk around with my phone in my back pocket. I never sit on it. Why? Because 1. Bending and 2. It misaligns your spine so it's bad for your back.

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
If I want maximum comfort while seated, gotta take it out. I guess it's part of the package (no pun intended). ?????? Anyone else?

If you don't have a deep pockets you will feel uncomfortable. I have 2 jeans with has small pocket and I always feel uncomfortable but today i am wearing a jean which can fit my phone completely in and don't feel that uncomfortable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa