[ROM][WIP-ALPHA7][CM10 PORT] Jelly for Optimus V

Status
Not open for further replies.

andrewnelson23

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
Re: [ROM][WIP][CM10 PORT] Jelly for Optimus V

Yes, the sd-ext scripts will fix the app disappearing problem. Make a working folder ;) haha I don't know. :p

nitestalkr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site

@Zackman, i noticed that the following isn't included in the update-script of the ROM, I'm not exactly sure if its needed or not, or what significance it serves, of if it's even needed at all.

Code:
assert(getprop("ro.product.device") == "thunderc" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "thunderc" || 
       getprop("ro.product.device") == "VM670" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "VM670" || 
       getprop("ro.product.device") == "thunderc_VM670" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "thunderc_VM670");

EDIT:
Backing up my phone now, and going to try out the sd-ext scripts :D

EDIT:
Now testing if the sd-ext scripts worked, by installing as many random apps from the market as i possibly can :p

EDIT:
Well, I'd say after installing 153 random apps, it's safe to assume the scripts work xD

Last edited:

andrewnelson23

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site

NOVA. Allows the resizing of widgets :D

(and lots of customization)

Edit: idk if apex does. never used it.

nitestalkr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Which launcher? Apex or nova to be implemented into alpha 4

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

I say NOVA, its what I always install afterwards :p
And, I'll upload the sd-ext fixes for you to use in alpha 4.
I'm not sure if the scripts caused it, or if it was in alpha3, but when i access storage from settings, it force closes..
but at least the scripts work :D

sent from my un-dead sammich.

nitestalkr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site

@Zackman, instructions are included in the zip, this is NOT flashable(however, I will include this in all of my patches I made, by Saturday.), and this is to be implemented into the ROM.

andrewnelson23

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site

@Zackman, instructions are included in the zip, this is NOT flashable(however, I will include this in all of my patches I made, by Saturday.), and this is to be implemented into the ROM.

how is it different than your super fix that included the sd ext scripts in it??

nitestalkr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site

how is it different than your super fix that included the sd ext scripts in it??

These ones do not require the ROM to be booted first, and they are init.d scripts, so they work upon install of the ROM.

I manually pushed these scripts into Alpha3 to see if it works upon install of the ROM, and it does. So, I'm going to put these into my super fix as well, 'cause these are easier to install than the ones i already have.

These also produce absolutely 0 install errors, where as the ones in the Super fix will produce an error due to them needing to be booted before installation.

These are just overall better than the ones I used originally. :p

andrewnelson23

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site

I'm at a loss for mms, guys.

LASDFKJ A;LSDFKJ;ALSDK FJ;LASKDFJ;LASKDFJ;ALSDKJF ;IDUF OEWIL ,.CXKJVH;LSF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! .

I was SO close! stupid sending sms. ugh. I'm just still too much of a noob for this. -_- :mad:

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site

Make sure you have permission to include Nova or Apex. Although, I'd prefer you include the default CM9 launcher and let us install our launcher of choice, because updates to /system apps from the market cause major headaches.

Reactions: sellers86

nitestalkr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Make sure you have permission to include Nova or Apex. Although, I'd prefer you include the default CM9 launcher and let us install our launcher of choice, because updates to /system apps from the market cause major headaches.

Well also, the market will not automatically update user apps located in /system/app by default.
And launchers don't need to be constantly updated(unless its a fairly new release of such), so that minimizes the update headache.
Nova seems to have fewer updates as well, which also gives it a plus.
After all, AOKP often uses Nova as the default launcher in most AOKP builds.(although this is cm10, and not AOKP, just making a reference to how Nova would be a better choice IMHO)

sent from my Zom-"Bean'(CM10 JellyBean).

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site

I tend to see updates twice a month or so from Apex, and I'm a Pro user. I suppose I could just swap it out for Trubechet (sp?) myself in the ZIP and install Apex Pro from the market too, no big deal there.

sellers86

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
@Zackman, i noticed that the following isn't included in the update-script of the ROM, I'm not exactly sure if its needed or not, or what significance it serves, of if it's even needed at all.

Code:
assert(getprop("ro.product.device") == "thunderc" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "thunderc" || 
       getprop("ro.product.device") == "VM670" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "VM670" || 
       getprop("ro.product.device") == "thunderc_VM670" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "thunderc_VM670");

EDIT:
Backing up my phone now, and going to try out the sd-ext scripts :D

EDIT:
Now testing if the sd-ext scripts worked, by installing as many random apps from the market as i possibly can :p

EDIT:
Well, I'd say after installing 153 random apps, it's safe to assume the scripts work xD

These are the asserts that causes problems with some recoveries. They aren't needed, and they cause problems. Congrats on the scripts!

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

Master Gowa

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site

@nitestalkr: Can I just use ES File Explorer to put the app2ex files in the right place or is there more to it than merely having the files in place?

JadenBrown30

Mar 15, 2012
Visit site
Just thought I'd mention this, but when I download my cover art using Cover Art Downloader it works until I reboot my phone, then all the album art disappears. Don't know if its a bug with the ROM or app but I thought I'd just throw that out there.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

sellers86

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
@nitestalkr: Can I just use ES File Explorer to put the app2ex files in the right place or is there more to it than merely having the files in place?

If its a flash able zip flash it if not move them to the right place and set the correct permissions.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

nitestalkr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site

You can try it, just set permissions to r/w in /system.
And then reboot, and report your findings.
Or, you can wait till I put it into my patches(will provide a separate flashable zip containing the scripts as well) sometime Friday or Saturday in my free time.

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
You can try it, just set permissions to r/w in /system.
And then reboot, and report your findings.
Or, you can wait till I put it into my patches(will provide a separate flashable zip containing the scripts as well) sometime Friday or Saturday in my free time.

I'm pretty sure they should be r/w/x otherwise they won't execute.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress