[Patch]2.2.2 email and mms + new market for 2.2/Froyo roms

iamsteveu2

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
For some reason I'm getting a FC whenever I try to purchase an app from the new Market. I can download free apps and update existing apps w/o any issues, but trying to purchase a paid app will force close Market. Any insights into this?

waynebeep

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
For some reason I'm getting a FC whenever I try to purchase an app from the new Market. I can download free apps and update existing apps w/o any issues, but trying to purchase a paid app will force close Market. Any insights into this?

I'm having the same problem. Fortunately I don't buy apps so it isn't an urgent problem, haha. But hopefully a solution can be found. Google shows other android have the similar problems. I didn't see a solution.

I tried reverting to the old market through titanium backup but it made things worst by force closing upon launching the old market. I restarted the phone and the new market returned but with the original problem.

On the positive side, the new email apk is noticeably great.

sharpe351

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
I can't delete the new market. I'm using file expert with su permissions. It says its a read only file.

It is hardcoded in the update. You will have to uninstall Leslie's Harmonia update to get rid of the market.
BTW, my market seems to be working fine.

*side note* I like the change in the notification drawer. Not seeing VM anywhere on the phone is a nice touch.

Sent from a rooted SuperPAD clone with Android 2.2 :p

Growjunky

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
I can't delete the new market. I'm using file expert with su permissions. It says its a read only file.
i do believe you can delete it with titanium backup and download the older version from 4shared and then install it. i just did the same thing with the backside rom and it worked for me. i dont know alot about this stuff but i figure this is worth a try.

xtravbx#CB

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
Can't flash this. Recovery tells me that the .zip has some improper/older design to it or some garbage.

I'm on what I believe is the latest recovery. It's the one that ROM Manager installs.

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
You should be able to remove it. try a file manager instead.

I have confirmed there is an issue, and it is likely a signing problem, I'll have to look into it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomarsha95