Anyone tried V6 SupeCharger?

israelsalinas14

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
If you are running a stock or froyo rom I believe you have to run an additional script to get it to load at bootup, but cm7 Tom's will do it automatically

Well I would never get a script manager has been granted su permission at bootup. I would only get one at shutdown. But I think the script is installed into the rom somehow?

Eollie

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Ok thanks. I dont like to have things running in the background lol
I would leave it installed. Once you exit the app it shuts down and doesnt run again until you start it.

Also if you select option 11 it will run the hard to kill launcher setting. Which means no more launcher redraws.

pbailey212

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
I would leave it installed. Once you exit the app it shuts down and doesnt run again until you start it.

Also if you select option 11 it will run the hard to kill launcher setting. Which means no more launcher redraws.

It Runs the hard to kill Launcher when you use options. 8 also. 11 juat runs the hard to kill Launcher by its self

Whyzor

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
I'm questioning whether this script does anything. It just sets the memory levels when Android should start killing background apps to free up memory. It was originally written for a device with only 256MB RAM, our OV has 512 MB, so shouldn't encounter the extreme situations unless there's A LOT of active switching between a bunch of apps.

Also the original author's tone seems to make it sound like he discovered the next greatest thing since sliced bread. If, and a big if, these values are SOOO much better, I'd think Android & CM devs would just use them as default for devices.

pbailey212

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
I'm questioning whether this script does anything. It just sets the memory levels when Android should start killing background apps to free up memory. It was originally written for a device with only 256MB RAM, our OV has 512 MB, so shouldn't encounter the extreme situations unless there's A LOT of active switching between a bunch of apps.

Also the original author's tone seems to make it sound like he discovered the next greatest thing since sliced bread. If, and a big if, these values are SOOO much better, I'd think Android & CM devs would just use them as default for devices.

He added a 512 option on there, and have you tried using this yet? It does make a difference

watskyhotsky

May 26, 2011
Visit site
He added a 512 option on there, and have you tried using this yet? It does make a difference

impressive difference actually, coming from me, who avoids these kinds of things like the plague. I think gingerbread has its own memory optimizer and no app could offer better performance.

but this script just changes the way androids own optimizer works and its worth checking out if you use the phone like i do.

very, very impressed with the difference in lag between switching ram hogging apps. no more slowdown when switching between apps, pulling up the keyboard, and have typing lag while android flushes ram. that was the worst experience of using the phone day to day.

all better now.

Anonymo

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
I set it to the most aggressive mode #2 and the only thing that lags right now is the keyboard at the beginning. I'm using slideit. Everything else is SUPER.

israelsalinas14

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
I think my 3g got slower after adding the supercharge 3g script. Youtube used to load up videos pretty fast. But now I have to wait a long time to watch a video.

mrg666

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
There is a removal option. I think it is 14 and it works. I know because I am having issues with Maps 5.8 eating up the battery and I wanted to take this script out of the way while I try to figure out what is going on.

israelsalinas14

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
There is a removal option. I think it is 14 and it works. I know because I am having issues with Maps 5.8 eating up the battery and I wanted to take this script out of the way while I try to figure out what is going on.

There isnt for the 3g script. And for your issues on maps, just go to settings-manage applications- clear data and force stop. It should stop running in the background until you open it.

mrg666

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
Sorry, I missed that you didn't mean V6 script.

Thanks for the suggestion. I am very frequently using the Maps app and its battery eating habit in the background is becoming a big hassle for me. I hope Google releases a fixed version soon.

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site
Sorry, I missed that you didn't mean V6 script.

Thanks for the suggestion. I am very frequently using the Maps app and its battery eating habit in the background is becoming a big hassle for me. I hope Google releases a fixed version soon.
I just installed V6 script. I noticed on a previous post that you used option 7. Are you still? if so how is it working for you?