Adding a custom app to your ROM?

rukin5197

May 26, 2011
Visit site
I'm in the process of making a new ROM and i want to make it all about honeycomb. So i'm interested in adding a custom lockscreen that looks like the android 3.0 (honeycomb) lockscreen. I found an app called "Ripple Lock".. How would i add that to my ROM? So that when people boot up the ROM it has that lockscreen? All answers appreciated :D

Last edited:

asadullah

Oct 23, 2010
Visit site
I'm in the process of making a new ROM and i want to make it all about honeycomb. So i'm interested in adding a custom lockscreen that looks like the android 3.0 (honeycomb) lockscreen. I found an app called "Ripple Lock".. How would i add that to my app? So that when people boot up the ROM it has that lockscreen? All answers appreciated :D
if your just gonna throw an app in there it's easy toss it into the /system/app folder. Here's a little guide I didn't test yet on how to get the honeycomb digits to show up here

if your gonna try and make an app a part of the system like htc lockscreen for example that's gonna take some work I suggest opening up htc lockscreen using apk manager and checking out the code

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress